Today l mainly counted.

Pigeon Shredder.

Hawks.

Set up on the field as the combine was cutting wheat, and l saw Hawks, all types Sparrow, Kestrel, Buzzerd.

Pigeons nope, 2 in 3 hours, even had a ride around in the combine as l was so bored, saw lots of poults from up there and Mum and Dad pheasant running about, but pigeons, nothing.

Will return later in the week for another go.

Hawks we're decimating the voles and like though, kept landing on a bale about 20ft away to feed.

I have a little perm that has resident hawks and buzzards, I have had the odd occasion when there has been lots of pigeons, but can't say I've seen any birds being scared away, mostly it's just pot luck if I'm there at the time when the woodies also want to be there. Unless you're name is Crow or Garrett, then we can only accept the fields as we are dealt them. Good luck, and it's not everyone that gets a ride on s combine.

I have a little perm that has resident hawks and buzzards, I have had the odd occasion when there has been lots of pigeons, but can't say I've seen any birds being scared away, mostly it's just pot luck if I'm there at the time when the woodies also want to be there. Unless you're name is Crow or Garrett, then we can only accept the fields as we are dealt them. Good luck, and it's not everyone that gets a ride on s combine.

Just interested in what you meant by this.

Went back today, scoped the field and a mass of pigeon's coming in and settalling, drove down set up and might as well have taken up meditation, two hours 2 pigeons *** am l / is going on, is it me or what.

Yesterday l went out early on the rabbit's, half hour walk and sat up under a nice tree, 5 minutes later it hissed down so hard l had emulsified oil coming out of the bolt on the rifle, by the time l had walked back to the car l had water coming out of my pockets.

It can only get better, maybe!!

Mind you the rifle got a very good clean.