protein level

ips

Motty and Scotslad

You both have fed or feed your dogs on Wagg. When your feeding them Wagg are you supplementing it with anything else or are you feeding them solely on Wagg.

I have never tried it , but am willing to if it's keeping working dogs in good condition like you guys have mentioned.

My lab is currently on Skinners and looks really well on it but I suppliment it with venison , heart and liver , eggs , sardines etc so I am not sure how much is down to Skinners and how much is done to my additions.

Don't forget with protein levels in dog food it can be very misleading, most of the cheap brands include undigestible food that while is included as protein on the analysis can't be fully utilised by the dog, there's no such thing as a free lunch and on a separate issue I can't stand it when I here people feed their dogs things like wagg and think their dogs doing fine on it 😕

A mate fed his on wagg, for some reason changed and for a couple of years she suffered from collapsing from time to time. Vets tested for all sorts with no real conclusion, back on wagg and it stopped and she lived to 15. No idea what it means whether the sugars were higher but it worked.

Don't take the price as the be all, mine are on skinners duck and rice and seem to thrive

I have 4 Labradors. They have been fed fairly cheap food throughout their lives (except the youngest).

They have all never suffered any health issues. Two of them are over 12 years, one is 11 and they are looking pretty healthy. They eat mainly dry food, with a few bits of leftovers; meat, gravy, vegetables and pasta etc.

A mate fed his on wagg, for some reason changed and for a couple of years she suffered from collapsing from time to time. Vets tested for all sorts with no real conclusion, back on wagg and it stopped and she lived to 15. No idea what it means whether the sugars were higher but it worked.

Don't take the price as the be all, mine are on skinners duck and rice and seem to thrive

Price is definitely not the be all and end all, however the point I tried to make is a cheap dog food is simply not expensive enough to have quality ingredients in it, meat is expensive and £15 for a 15kg bag is obviously not going to contain enough high quality meat.