FLO Dosent Need To Inspect New Cabinet?

godzilla

Let's review the facts.....

1) You first picked me up on my use the word "instantly, I clarified that in posting #54

2) You incorrectly accused me of having a "rant"

3) You contradicted me on my commenting on your incorrect use of grammar.

4) You accuse me of incorrectly reading of your bad grammar.

5) You accuse me of trying to be smart.

6) You accuse me of failing to see the point.....again I had already answered this "point" in posting #54

7) You wrongly accuse me of sounding aggressive....How can the written word "sound" aggressive?

8) You falsely attribute critism of the £50 cost of renewal to me.

9) You falsely attribute to me the accusation that the renewal cost is to line the pockets of the police.

10) The original post was questioning the necessity or otherwise of the process of the police reinspecting security arrangements......the posting I made was comment on the necessity or otherwise of the police repeating the process appertaining to the reapplication/reinspection on renewal....how is that off topic?

Have you got any other personal critism to direct at me, either factual or imagined, to get out of your system? Or are you done?

Seems, your not :whistling:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firearm Security is the responsibility of the owner, it is just that assorted regions/FEO have instilled fear in too many owners over the years.

As evidenced here, there are still assorted views, but the Police do not have to rush out and inspect your cabinet every time you move house/buy a different cabinet/add additional cabinets/simply move a cabinet/etc./etc..

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

:good:

Edited by Dekers

When I moved my cabinet from one room to another West Mid's/ Staff's came around and inspected it again. Took them a couple of months to do it, and it was an officer from their Firearms unit who knew ******-all about licensed guns :rolleyes: but it still had to be inspected.

When I moved my cabinet from one room to another West Mid's/ Staff's came around and inspected it again. Took them a couple of months to do it, and it was an officer from their Firearms unit who knew ******-all about licensed guns :rolleyes: but it still had to be inspected.

No it didn't have to be inspected the licencing dept chose to come and inspect it.Show me in the firearms act where it says it must be inspected if you move it? if you can. Edited by geordieh

No it didn't have to be inspected the licencing dept chose to come and inspect it.Show me in the firearms act where it says it must be inspected if you move it? if you can.

I couldn't show you because it isn't there. When I said it had to be inspected again I was simply referring to what West Mid's/Staffs told ME that they wanted to do, not what the law required. Ergo it HAD to be re-inspected.

Tell me Geordieh, in all honesty, if your FEO told you that he wanted to come and re-inspect YOUR security, would you really tell him to get stuffed.........of course you wouldn't, because you would want to comply with their wishes.

SO! if your FEO says he is going to come around and re-inspect your cabinet because you have moved it, then what choice do you have other than to comply.......... or rile up you firearms dep't.

We, as law-abiding people, will always seek to do what our firearms dep'ts ask us to do, because they can make life very, very difficult should they choose to do so.

It’s covered in the Home office guidance on the firearms act, while security is the responsibility of the certificate holder the chief officer of police must be satisfied that the applicant can be permitted to have the firearm(s)/ammunition in their possession without danger to the public safety or to the peace.

Meaning the chief officer of police must be satisfied that your security is adequate to stop unauthorised persons accessing your firearms.

It then goes on to say a risk-based assessment may indicate the need for another interview with the applicant or further enquiries about security arrangements. These enquiries may be done over the telephone or by email rather than by home visit, in accordance with the level of the risk assessment.

Simply put if you live in a low crime area with few guns a phone call would suffice. An increase in crime or you live in a higher crime area expect a visit to make sure the chief officer of police is happy that your security is up to scratch. Some may take the ultra-safe view that risk assessment can only be done by viewing the security arrangements in person regardless of any other factors.

However, make no mistake the FEO on the chief officer of police behalf must risk assess your security by law, that bit is in the firearms act, the Chief officer of police has no choice he/she is legally obliged to do it if they issue you a certificate.

They get in trouble not you if they don’t do this.

If they feel a phone call should suffice so be it, but if they also feel a home visit is needed then again so be.

You might disagree with their findings on your security, that’s open to interpretation of a judge as to who is right. However, the fact they have to carry out a risk assessment including security is not open to interpretation and they can carry that bit out by a home visit every time if they feel it’s necessary.

Edited by timps