"Hot Hatch" as Only Car for Shooters?

neutron619

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm another forester XT fan but I'm biased.

Over 200bhp with AWD and a decent amount of room.

I had a golf mk5 TDI, it was a lovely car but just too small to use for shooting, couldn't fit a 30" shotgun in the boot and all my kit.

I would have another one though as a second car if my wife ditched her mini.

I understand the "one car to cover all the bases" situation. I live by myself and run one vehicle.

Hot hatch? Look at the short wheelbase RAV4, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4 The SWB version is the two door model.

It's fixed 4x4 and looks like an eco car on steroids, but the back seats come out to give a good sized boot that turns this wee car into a functional shooting break, that lends it's self to after market pimping ;)

General shooting duty and transporting shot up dead stuff, seat covers to keep the seats clean and lay down some poly sheeting in the back and just be disciplined in keeping leaky corpse fluids off the internal surfaces. Or for bigger stuff, buy a tow bar and trailer to use for dead stuff, stags hinds and big bags of fowl etc.

At the moment I run an 2007 x-trail adventura 2.2 dCi, my fishing gear lives in (as with all my cars) it from March to October, and when transporting shot dead stuff, I use a roll of thing poly sheeting to keep the car clean. My car smells of car, and occasionally of spent take away wrapper.