Filling in Certificate for shared gun?

EDIT: Sorry I posted in wrong section :no:

I'm rather confused.

I've notified my local firearms (Nottinghamshire) that i have acquired a gun which is to be kept in my father in laws cabinet however he is under Derbyshire firearms (this was agreed during interview).

I'm going to notify Derbyshire that my Shotgun is to be kept in my father in laws cabinet explaining that it's my gun being stored in his cabinet.

I'm not going to have access to this cabinet as I don't want his shotguns on my license and he will be applying for his firearms soon so don't want to hinder that process for him.

One of the FAO's at Nottingham said I will need to put my gun on his certificate as well as mine but how do I go about this? The cert basically is a list of transfers with it be sold, let, hire or given? There is no mention of shared?

Has anybody got shared guns with someone that could shed some light? I don't want to write something incorrect on his cert.

Do I just fill all the columns in and put 'SHARED' in column B? It's just column A only states 'sale or transfer' which i'm doing neither of.

Edited by evolution380

I also had the same problem I live in Derbyshire my son lives in Nottingham the guns where stored with me In derby, the guns wereon both our certs all was well till my son move from Derbyshire to Nottingham, when it was time to renew the certificates my was given the run around with lots obstruction's and delays in the end he got so fed up he just cancelled his FAC, just to get some the peace and quite in his life.

I hope you have abetter outcome with the shared certificates.

I also had the same problem I live in Derbyshire my son lives in Nottingham the guns where stored with me In derby, the guns wereon both our certs all was well till my son move from Derbyshire to Nottingham, when it was time to renew the certificates my was given the run around with lots obstruction's and delays in the end he got so fed up he just cancelled his FAC, just to get some the peace and quite in his life.

I hope you have abetter outcome with the shared certificates.

Thanks for the reply, I've asked both Nottingham and Derbyshire and both giving different responses and palming me off on the other, I don't want to cause the In Law any unnecessary aggro especially with him considering applying for his FAC in the near future.

Just could do with a straight answer from them.

Why are you notifying Derbyshire of anything. It is Nottingham who issued your certificate and you have, quite rightly, as required by law, notified them of the acquisition. You already have in place authority from Notts as to where you keep your gun, so in my view, there is nothing more for you to do.

It is your FIL who needs to write to Notts to advise them of his acquisition and you should complete his SGC stating lent. It is up to him, if questioned on the matter, to state that you will not have access to the cabinet.

Why are you notifying Derbyshire of anything. It is Nottingham who issued your certificate and you have, quite rightly, as required by law, notified them of the acquisition. You already have in place authority from Notts as to where you keep your gun, so in my view, there is nothing more for you to do.

It is your FIL who needs to write to Notts to advise them of his acquisition and you should complete his SGC stating lent. It is up to him, if questioned on the matter, to state that you will not have access to the cabinet.

The conflicting answers from fao's mate.

Eventually got to where I needed to be.

One at Notts told me to contact Derbyshire let them know on his behalf, called Derbyshire and then after ping pong they have said for me to e-mail them the info to put on file which I have now done. Will fill in his cert when get home the fao told me to write 'shared' in column B

Will probably be a big hop ha at some point down the line, just my luck!