Chatsworth County Fair 1st - 3rd September

evolution380

Anybody going?

https://www.chatsworthcountryfair.co.uk/downloads/Showground%20map%202017.pdf

This one is reasonably close to me and the missus and we both get free entry as we're gold members at Chatsworth so think i'll be there on the Friday and Sunday. (Miss out the busiest day)

Her and her parents have been a few times and enjoy it for what it is for the food and entertainment/activities so hopefully be a good day out. Not sure on what trade stands are there yet so failing a good turnout on that front there are plenty of things to do:

- Clay Pigeon Shooting

- Lurcher Racing

- Archery

- Laser Clays

- Crossbows

- Gun Dog Scurrys

- Salmon & Trout Association

- Sheffield Muzzle Loaders

If theres no deals to be had at the trade stands i'll just go and miss clays for the majority of the day!

• 2 weeks later...

Been today, really enjoyed a day with the family, there were more smaller country clothing stores that were willing to barter and good to see premier guns with a good stand, the kids really enjoyed the main ring entertainment and although steep enterance fees the discounts off the bits swmbo bought made up for it. The clay line didn't look overly busy either.

Went today and had a very good day, something for everybody and the day was spent doing just that with my girlfriend and her parents.

Granted there is no gunmakers row etc. So it's not just all about the guns but I enjoyed it more than the game fair despite that. It was lacking a few more RFD's etc but I didn't go with the sole intention of buying a gun, or shooting equipment so no major loss.. Just premier guns, Sheffield muzzle loaders there today with a small selection of stuff, some decent clothing stores, some tatt and plenty of lovely grub! But a great day out with the family.

Watched some gundog, lurcher and the white helmets servicemen on their bikes which I'm glad I caught as there dispanding at the end of the month and will be no more.

Some muzzle loaders fun, a good sporting and sport trap layout that I had a go on, and then dragged to watch paul Hollywood show me how to make scones and iced buns, which I didn't mind as much as I expected I would.

Wouldn't call it all jam and knitting, I think anyone can have a good day out if their willing to let themselves.

Was a cracking butcher there who showed how to process game which I was in awe of as he made it look ridiculously easy processing a young buck, even gave out free game specific recipes in a handy little booklet.

Cracking little air display on to which may have frustrated some trying to watch but I was up clay shooting at the time and it was a sight to behold, looked like the muzzle loaders were shooting them out the sky.

Good family day out with some lovely, passionate and knowledgable folk! An event like this is as good as you make it for yourself imo

Edited by evolution380