whiskey bottles

Mice!

Bit random this but bought a bottle of whiskey at the weekend and the bottle its in is huge, really tall like a wine bottle so doesn't fit on the shelf it should.

Can I simply pour it into another empty whiskey bottle or would it loose some of its flavour?

Single malt cork stoppers any thoughts.

Cheers

Penderyn, the wife has been getting me a bottle of single malt every now and then and I'm not going to discourage her, won't get it again its not as smooth as others I've had slightly funny after taste could be peat or Smokey.

Kept the other bottles because I like them and the whiskey, Dimple was really nice, the Aberlour was really good a 40th present.

The monkey shoulder was good, Wife got it on offer at Morrison's would get it again.

Gentlemen Whiskey is Irish or American....Scotch is Whisky....

I have not got any or even tried it....but I believe 'House of Commons' label is a Speyside Whisky?.......I may be wrong??

Frustratingly some Scottish producers occasionally adopt the 'e' as well, although i cannot think of an example right now.

The Canadians and Japanese also favour the spelling 'whisky'.

Whisky is a dark drink for me Dave. I enjoy a peaty malt now and again, but i dare not drink a lot.

I only really enjoy sipping the Malts, used to win a lot of cheap ordinary stuff when clay shooting years ago and would give it away.

Last bottle I won was a Lagavulin and that was passed to a Mate in Somerset who enjoyed it more than I would have done.

Each to their own I guess, love good brandy and Armagnac though, now Port is another matter, I enjoy all sorts from the basic to the vintage years.

I don't know what it is about Whisky?........I have known a few normally placid people who don't handle it well! Me.........I just get slowly but happily inebriated!

I have no idea what it is about it either, but have seen the same as you where mild mannered folks get a bit 'handy'. I don't get angry or anything like that, just way too introspective and deep. If i'm in the right mood I can enjoy a few drams, but it's not a drink I would choose to have a couple of in a regular evening.

I only really enjoy sipping the Malts, used to win a lot of cheap ordinary stuff when clay shooting years ago and would give it away.

Last bottle I won was a Lagavulin and that was passed to a Mate in Somerset who enjoyed it more than I would have done.

Each to their own I guess, love good brandy and Armagnac though, now Port is another matter, I enjoy all sorts from the basic to the vintage years.

I absolutely go along with you about Port, I absolutely love the stuff although it turns my tongue purple.

Got a distillery a few miles from me. The bus to town routes by it sometimes.

Having done the tour as a car driver I'm tempted to try to time it by bus some day to be able to enjoy more of the free samples dished out at the end of the visit.

Never having been educated on the single malt distinction it was an eye opening tour & I've not looked at a blended whisky since.

If you ever get the chance to do such a tour, or join one of the single malt tasting days that some retailers organise, do so.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what it is about it either, but have seen the same as you where mild mannered folks get a bit 'handy'. I don't get angry or anything like that, just way too introspective and deep. If i'm in the right mood I can enjoy a few drams, but it's not a drink I would choose to have a couple of in a regular evening.

I absolutely go along with you about Port, I absolutely love the stuff although it turns my tongue purple.

Yes that's me 1 whisky or a bottle of Broon when I have had a few and I want to fight the world and his brother any other spirit or beer and I am fine so I never touch the stuff Bourbon is fine too

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha it will be getting poured into me, only slowly. Could lie it down but won't look rightThis is what happens when you buy Welsh whiskey, didn't even know they made whiskey in wales.

They don't they make some brown fire water stuff, I found it very harsh on the palate.