pop up hides

wooley

I bought what is called the hay house pop up hide about 10 years ago; it’s an American hide being sold here at the time for around £100. Then a new idea as far as I was concerned, Hide is big enough for two, plenty of room for all you gear as well, comes with a floor as part of the hide and is easy to set up in around 10 minutes, packing away about the same all packed into a surprisingly small back pack. I have always used the usual four poles and a blind as a hide or indeed just the vegetation about me, and still do if needs be. But the pop up hide I have to give full marks it works well and blends in very well also, in winter well it comes into it’s own, pop it up, all your gear in, zip up the door none of those nasty bitter winter winds blowing up your kilt freezing the jewels, Oh and the hide is covered in small loops so you can use vegetation to help blend in if you need it. There are quite a few pop up hides out there now, how good or bad they might be I can’t say, but my Hay house still going 10 years on.

You can set up just about anywhere, just open it up get inside tread down the floor, put the poles in and there you are, I have set up in brambles, on a bank, alsorts of places.

Edited by ironhorse