Ugly house

AVB

I'm at work, so I've only got a pic of part of the back of the house, but it gives you an idea, red brick, PVC windows, the patio is ridiculous as the garden was made smaller, so the 3rd rule is all out of kilter. The part to the left I've missed out, is the same as the right, so its perfectly symmetrical, must of took the architect 10 minutes to draw it.

I'll post a pic of the front when i get home.

house.JPG

Looking at that I win hands down.

And what's the 3rd rule?

Edited by AVB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just had a search on google.

There are a lot of articles on how to change the colour of your house using photoshop. Also there are a lot of videos on YouTube on choosing a new look or colour for houses. A lot is down to your own choice of whether you are looking for a wow factor or want to blend in.

I think its a smashing looking place and I tend to think that he is just showing off finding an excuse to put up a photo of his great big white house like these people who go on that TV show looking for houses in the country but they never buy one its all just a ploy to get on TV and say look at me I must be good if I can afford to buy a big house like this. :yes::no::yes:

Bad attitude, so long as someone is not smug about it, what's wrong with someone showing off what they have achieved in life, not sure if that is "envy" or "jealousy" from you?

At work I just move paper around so a building project feeds a bit of the soul and is far more interesting. Having been through it I tip my hat to others that do it and I'm always interested in other people's projects; my old man was a surveyor and my grandfather was an architect - I've been brought up looking at roofs and drains :lol:

So, this is this morning - I had to get everything off the driveway as there's some tree people round doing the business.

House L2R.jpg

HouseR2L.jpg

That's great work Mungler, the house house has some character.

If you don't mind me saying, I think some rustic wood cladding just in that apex at the top would make it pop. If you're interested I can give you the name of the company that made some for my last house you visited. They did an excellent job and my builder simply battened the rendered walls and pinned the cladding up before painting it a matt Tudor black.

I totally get what it's like doing the house up whilst living in it. I've done it a few times and doing it all over again as we speak. No kitchen for 6 months.

Cos

Looking at the OP's property, I personally (from and architectural tech's stand point) do not see any problems with the house. Maybe as mentioned change the windows and a paint job.

On a size point of view, I would say its twice the size of my place and I've got 3 bedrooms!

Looking at the OP's property, I personally (from and architectural tech's stand point) do not see any problems with the house. Maybe as mentioned change the windows and a paint job.

On a size point of view, I would say its twice the size of my place and I've got 3 bedrooms!

It's four bed. About 2,900 sq ft. We are happy with the work we did downstairs knocking through a few rooms. Upstairs still needs a bit of configuring.

The view on changing the windows and colour seems to be consistent so I am going to explore photoshop to see if I can get an impression.

It's been an interesting topic!

This is an indoor photo before reconfiguring

post-2444-0-92227200-1502975618_thumb.jpg

And these two after. We knocked through from the kitchen into one of the living rooms (it had two for some reason!) to create a kitchen/tv area.

post-2444-0-09349200-1502975713_thumb.jpg

post-2444-0-36239200-1502976150_thumb.jpg

It was 4 months of dust so respect to people of who have lived through bigger things.

Edit - Just noticed the dog photobombing the second picture!

Edited by AVB

That's lovely AVB

Only those who have lived it know what goes into achieving that. And that is why people will always pay a premium buying that type of improved property.

I've smashed the road ceiling price on last 4 houses Ive done up and moved out of.

Thunderbird there is nothing wrong with that three Storey house. It's a design of its time and they will become vogue at some point.

I live in a self build so the design is as close to what we could get via planning to what we wanted. A dormer bungalow with white silicon base render k-tend type stuff think it was Alumasc we used and dark slate too all roofs the bricks up to render are the blue engineering bricks look slate coloured and my patio is also dark slate along with plum slate chipping to the garden and drive. Not everyone's taste but I like the clean lines of it and low maintainance, it's by no means a Cotswold stone cottage with split stone tiles and wisteria growing across the door. And easy to live in well will be when I get it completely finished. Funny how other things get in the way of doing the jobs every free moment. Like shooting and fishing and days out with wife until I get when will you finish this etc. :lol:

Let's face it we all have differing takes on ugly. A concrete bunker isn't what I'd call pleasing and dammned ugly but someone will like it. Look how many ugly people are married.

If you think your house is ugly outside look at the path when you aproach it and enjoy the beauty inside.

Edited by figgy

I can beat you all. This is snatched from google but this is the last house I lived in in Bristol.

The going rate for these now in this area is £375-400k, believe it or not.

And I claim my £5.

Has anyone other than me noticed that they no longer build build new houses at least this house has large windows and they attempted to make them look modern all of the so called new houses built in my area if they was built 200 years ago the only difference would be wooden windows and doors not plastic one.

just think if they did that with cars we would all be driving around in cars that looked for all of the world like model T-Fords but with diesel engines and power steeing and electric windows.