Enfield .303 experts?

eddoakley

I had a no 4 made by savage in canada,it was dated 1943,pretty basic really it had two grove rifling,but to to fair at 100 yards it was accurate.I seem to remember i bought some 303 rounds that were made in india,and dam good they were,reloaded them a a few times,but the lure of clay shooting took hold and i sold it.

No expert but I shoot one and have a few reference books specifically about them. Post some pics and details of markings and I'll dive in the books.

Mine is a No.4 made in 1943 by BSA in Shirley near Brum. It's been "regulated" by Fultons of Bisley and fitted with a Parker Hale target rear sight. It shoots a lot better than my 53 year old eyes are capable of with iron sights!

Edited by Blunderbuss

My first Enfield was a 1918 Aussie SMLE model, made in Lithgow

Next was a BSA made No.4(T)

Present one is a Scouse special, a No.4 made in Fazakerly, subsequently bored out to .410 single shot

Also got an American Enfield - a very nice Winchester made P'14 - been waiting for some smaller parts to restore the rearsight; may convert it to No.3(T) configuration if I can persuade the gunsmith to make the missing bits from the 1918 scope base, then drill tap the receiver & fit the base.

Broke my full-bore cherry many decades back as a puny 12 year old, with issue No.4's at the Whitburn Camp range. Happier days...