Barcelona now: 13 dead, 50 injured

saddler

Devotees of the Religion of Peace have been spreading more diversity. Again. Rented vans used. Again. European city in lockdown. Again.

Not a good development for Spain. Thoughts with the victims & their families. Not expecting anything other than apologist waffle from the politicians & EU especially.

My dad and his family (my parents split up) are caught up in it as they are on holiday there. Got a text from him earlier saying they are ok but have been taken to a hotel top floor. He told me they walked out of a shopping mall and people were running towards them screaming.

Thoughts go to families of lost ones.

Terrible acts but no way of stopping them unless inside info. More and more of this is to come as it's succeeding for them.

Sympathy for all who are caught up in this mindless violence on innocents.

If their main aim was to garner hatred towards themselves and their beliefs I think they're being very good at it. How can any same people agree with them and support them. The western world is sick of them even more so after these latest attacks.

Edited by figgy

What we all need to do is change our Facebook photos so they have the Spanish flag in the background and light a few candles. That always works right?

I got that and spot on there mate. action is needed not candles and # hart Spain love BS most of our MP are cowards and not fit for purpose.

I'm all for carrying on as usual, but after seeing the aftermath video of today - I think a couple more of these attacks and I'm going to start thinking twice about venturing to certain areas. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Why that's exactly what they want,they can strike anywhere at anytime and there's nothing any of us can do to combat attacks of this type.

Be cautious,be suspicious but live your life!!

I'm all for carrying on as usual, but after seeing the aftermath video of today - I think a couple more of these attacks and I'm going to start thinking twice about venturing to certain areas. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Millions of tourists will now stay away from Barcelona and the association with a terrorist attack will put people off for years to come. Look at Tunisia, one attack has completely destroyed its whole tourist industry. London after the 7/7 bombings was really affected, it still is, the American tourists have never returned

Edited by Vince Green

I work p/t for a large national vehicle rental company and we have stopped hiring vans to individuals. Not a lot of people know it but even if vehicle is hired on false documents the vehicle insurer can be held liable for the losses and injuries caused by a terrorist. My old company (I was an underwriter) picked up first £10m with any extra going into the reinsurance pool.

This terrible activity is impacting on all our lives and there is little likelyhood of this abating.

BBC TV news stating that some of the injured are "still" being treated in hospital...!!

Amazing, less than 24 hours after being hit by a speeding van and they're NOT fully recovered??

NFN type sound bites & meeja luvvies frothing at the mouth, with the "experts" (the ones that never normally earn enough to BE away on holiday at this time of year) all looking for instant answers & spouting the normal ill thought rhetoric "Well, it's a good job they never had guns...." - the second mob are being reported as having bombs though, as may the individuals earlier in the week.

The weapon is immaterial = ANY weapon against an un-armed civilian population, esp. tourist areas, WILL see large loss of life.

Interesting footage emerging of the second crew being stopped/shot. Very spaced out gunshots, looked to be from one officer as he circled the car.

Cerveza for life for that chap!

Well I for one feel a lot safer now that Mrs may has made her statement.the uk stands with Spain.borders still open.free movement still going strong.the terrorists must be quaking in their boots.borders need to be closed.and I do not believe it is not possible to block the websites that recruit home grown idiots.i am afraid unless some really tough measures are taken we are not that far from another twin towers type atrocity.

Edited by bostonmick

I've been to Las Ramblas and Catalunya square in Barcelona and Cambrils, both are lovely places and it is a hateful thing that these criminal terrorists have done. May they rot in hell along with all of the followers because good will always overcome evil. The Spanish police didn't take long to mop up the scum.