Duck calls

Maxus Hunter

Something by www.mpkcustomcallsandwoodwork.com

I`m sure you know this already but just to remind newcomers to the sport that you`ll have to learn to blow a call. It is`nt something you can just pick up and get professional sounding results from.

What call do you use Maxus Hunter?

Is there a discount for us PW members?

I use a ducklander loud timber, duck Commander 1972 series, Hayes bad *** call and a zinc ph2, I've them all retuned with hand cut reeds, I got mylar sheets of Ebay and play around with them all summer, the ducklander is really loud and sounds great, I use it to get their attention, I use the duck Commander as a finishing and close call, ice turned the hayes call into a diver duck call and the zinc is an all round call, I shoot lough neagh which is pretty big open fresh water, on a calm day I can't use the ducklander as it is too loud but in the windy winter mornings it is unreal, dear but worth it

Edited by Maxus Hunter

What im saying motty is a well build call will last you a lot longer than some of the cheap rubbish ive seen on the Lough i hunt But have to agree whither its 100 pd or 20pd call you need to know how to use it or you will end up scaring more ducks than bringing them in

• 2 weeks later...

Used my Buck Gardner Doublt Nasty on my first flight of the season out of three of us out only I got mallards with my call. More than happy with it and wasn't expensive like a lot of calls are. One lad I know uses a cheap acme type or similar call and gets good results, got to learn to talk duck whichever call you buy.

Edited by figgy

Get yourself a proper bespoke Conducktor call from Robin Owen, 100% custom hadmade call. None of this turned barrel with generic insert "custom" call stuff

I have one but it's far too beautiful to take out in the tide! Will have to get another and keep one for 'best' !!

Edited by Smokersmith