Heads up - Lidl

Vince Green

******! Why not?

I want to for cleaning brass anyways just told my Mrs it's for watches so she don't complain

Reasons why not to put the whole watch in the ultrasonic cleaner.

First, the vibrations can push bubbles past the seals and gaskets and second, the frequency of the vibration can mess with the frequency of the balance spring, it can also loosen any screws that are not tight.

You can clean the case and bracelet once you have removed the movement, which is not hard to-do if you have the right tools, its a good idea to clean the bracelet in the ultrasonic every six months or so, depending on how dirty it gets, this will help prolong the life of the bracelet.

Reasons why not to put the whole watch in the ultrasonic cleaner.

First, the vibrations can push bubbles past the seals and gaskets and second, the frequency of the vibration can mess with the frequency of the balance spring, it can also loosen any screws that are not tight.

You can clean the case and bracelet once you have removed the movement, which is not hard to-do if you have the right tools, its a good idea to clean the bracelet in the ultrasonic every six months or so, depending on how dirty it gets, this will help prolong the life of the bracelet.

I only wanted to clean the bracelets anyway luckily :)

Managed to pick one up earlier. Thanks for the heads up!

Bought one this morning and cleaned 19 cases (could easily double that and probably triple), Held one back as a reference.

Very plreased with it.

post-14972-0-18202900-1503863156_thumb.jpg

Oh and the insides are lovely and clean too.
I used 50/50 water and vinegar with a wee dribble of lemon fairy.

My DIY tumbler just went in the bin.

(Just to balance out my glee, I dropped the shiney case and dented the mouth - sigh)

Edited by Alpha Mule