Norfolk boaters

Jaymo

Bit of local knowledge please.

Bringing our little boat back from France this week and plan to use either on the Broads or sell on?

It's only 4.56m long and yes I know I will need a Broads Authority river Licence.

But, where can I launch it for free ( or small fee) and also where is good to leave car and trailer?

Many thanks

When I had my boat I launched from the slipway at Potter Heigham which was free.

Bit of local knowledge please.

Bringing our little boat back from France this week and plan to use either on the Broads or sell on?

It's only 4.56m long and yes I know I will need a Broads Authority river Licence.
But, where can I launch it for free ( or small fee) and also where is good to leave car and trailer?

Many thanks

If I sail down to Yarmouth we could call the title 'Norfolk Bloaters'--- sorry to all Yarmouth residents.

Have sent of an email to the Broads authority too.

Potter Heigham sounds good as like to back track along to Horning etc.

Cantley? Is that just a straight waterway to Yarmouth?

Must admit that I'm not familiar with the waterways except for Wroxham to Horning area from many many moons ago.

Wished to open her up a bit but see the skiing/powerboat restrictions are a bit harsh and can't even open the taps without a skier on the back... hope the little boats going to be ok at idle all the time?

No speed restrictions on Breydon Water, just use common sense and courtesy when passing hire craft as the 'bath tubs' can roll a quite a bit when ploughing through your wash,

easy for people especially the youngsters or elderly to get flung about when they're not expecting it. In comparison to the northern broads around Wroxham and Horning the

Yare from Cantley to Yarmouth is quite straight, very deep and subject to fast flowing tides, the Bure, Ant or Thurne are much gentler and far more scenic, bear in mind that

I might be biased as I was born in Ranworth.................... Atb Steve

If I sail down to Yarmouth we could call the title 'Norfolk Bloaters'--- sorry to all Yarmouth residents.

Have sent of an email to the Broads authority too.

Potter Heigham sounds good as like to back track along to Horning etc.

Cantley? Is that just a straight waterway to Yarmouth?

Must admit that I'm not familiar with the waterways except for Wroxham to Horning area from many many moons ago.

Wished to open her up a bit but see the skiing/powerboat restrictions are a bit harsh and can't even open the taps without a skier on the back... hope the little boats going to be ok at idle all the time?

much prefere Bloaters to Kippers....not as salty

Thankyou for all your replies.

I didn't think Breydon water was de-restricted. Be nice if it's not as our Seadoo boat is exactly a deep v hull to handle coastal waters.

Yes, you can open them up over Breydon, we clear the cob webs coming across from St Olaves to Horning after wintering the boat there. Check the tides though as the bridges through Yarmouth are low, we can only run them at low water, but we are one of the biggest boats on the Broads.

No probs with our v shallow draft hull ( only need 35cm depth)

Height wise with Bimini down is also on 1m

Looking at Ditchies recommendations of Cantley with a pootle down to Breydon then a blast before tootle back.

Been working on the boat all day as it's sat here slowly glazin in the extreme sun - not worried as not structural, shame it's not been kind to some parts and the lovely non slip foam matting has gone like charcoal.

Still, polishing machine next then brakes to be checked before the 1000mile tow back during the week.

So prob the week after next for its maiden Broads voyage.

Need to find a temporary insurance coverage broker as not sure if we're keeping or getting something more river orientated--- we used to have a lovely Four Winns motor cruiser but had to sell to pay for renovations on the house, plus we went using it enough to justify

there are loads of slipways round here...all depends if you want to launch on the north or south broads??

I always tend to use the slipway at the swan at Horning....£8 from the post office for the key...concrete and deep quickly and easy t get to...also a small car park to use to store the car and trailer...

also got wroxham broad but personally i would not use it

also cantley on the Yare...

and reedham ferry but its not the best when i was last there a few months ago

the one at thurne too...donation of £5 in a box to use it

Have received news from the Broads Authority that I don't need a BSS certificate as it will be for only occasional use only- although I think I mention the isn't a cuddly or gas, the onboard nature of the engine and it's fuel cell location would:could have meant a BSS survey

Probably good that I don't need one as I left contact details with some inspectors and heard nothing back.

This morning have just finished off checking the breaks and bearings- was a new axle fitted and noticed the orientation of the drums was wrong

Need to grind off the old brake cable mounting point and re weld in the correct place.

Just hoping the tyres last the long trip?

Weather permitting we hope to they Cantley next week whilst the kids are still off school, then again prob best not to have em in case it breaks down from lack of use :-)

The gas struts that hold up the engi cover and one v small one on a forward locker have gone- need to find a supplier or somewhere that makes em

Thanks for all your help and comments so far