Tell us something nice.

general grievous

Ok, after all the recent doom and gloom, how about telling us all something nice? No bragging or one upmanship, just something that's nice to share. Maybe something you did or you saw or that you are proud of recently.

Here's mine...

This afternoon my lad came running in from the garden all red faced, telling me to "come and watch " I did just that whilst he did 3 pull-ups in the apple tree.

He said he would have done 5 but I put him off because I was laughing because he had his tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth as he was concentrating so much. I told him he looked like the dog.

He's 11 years old and 5 stone wringing wet.

Made my day.

Over to you, let's see how this goes.

Regards

GG

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I've been thinking for a good 10 minutes on this and I've come up empty.

Saying that, heard a good expression the other day in reference to Joanna Lumley - 'she's getting on but still first eleven and she'd definitely still get a game'. That made me giggle.

I suppose you had to be there.

My next door neighbour is a single woman who is in her early 60s. Who up to the start of this year lived in the house with her elderly mother. Her mum died and so was left in the house on her own. She took it rather bad as she is pretty much alone. She can be a harmless pain in the bum sometimes but harmless. She's just lonely I guess.

Now the house is rented by her and her late mum for around 30 yrs and to be fare she does a great job at keeping on top of things.

Week before last it was a really windy day and for whatever reason she left the side door leading to the garage open. The wind caught it and it slammed shut and put the window though. Anyway fast forward three days later. I happen to see her over the fence and we was having a chat when started to explain what happened and how she had been onto the land lords who said that a contractor would come around at the end of the week to have a look and fix it. But she would have to pay the bill. This was worrying her abit bit as she has not been out of hospital from having another lump removed from one of her lady bits.

She gets a bit of council benefit but that's about it. Not to worry she said it will all sort out in the end. And off she goes back inside.

Later that evening I get to thinking. Next morning I go around and tell her to phone her landlords up and tell them it's all fixed and for them to send someone round to inspect the work at end of the week.

I tell her in the meantime I will pop around the next evening after I get back from work and grab some materials that I will fix the door and re glaze it. HOWEVER there is one condition I said. I don't want anything for doing it. Don't be buying me cans beer as I won't drink it. Or think I need paying for owt as it's not going to cost me anything So don't de doing anything daft Let's just get it sorted.

As promised I went round. Fixed the door and the window all sorted. The following day as I pulled up on the driveway I thought to myself something is not right. Anyway I walked indoors and the missus asked me what I had said to the lady next door to which I replied. Nowt why. When I got home she said. She was out in out front garden cutting the grass and and weeding the flower beds.

So I went straight around and knocked on the door. When she opened it I asked why she had done what she did as there really was no need.

Well yes I know you made me promise not to buy you anything for fixing the door for me. But the chap came around this morning to inspect the work and said it's fantastic and signed it off. So I thought if I can't buy you anything. Doesn't mean I can't repay the favour in some way. I relied well thank you very much but like I said there really was no need but here. And passed her a key. What's that for she said. For the side gate that way you can finish the back lawn tomorrow haha she went to take it too.

Boring I know but a happy ending

Edited by stevo

My next door neighbour is a single woman who is in her early 60s. Who up to the start of this year lived in the house with her elderly mother. Her mum died and so was left in the house on her own. She took it rather bad as she is pretty much alone. She can be a harmless pain in the bum sometimes but harmless. She's just lonely I guess.

Now the house is rented by her and her late mum for around 30 yrs and to be fare she does a great job at keeping on top of things.

Week before last it was a really windy day and for whatever reason she left the side door leading to the garage open. The wind caught it and it slammed shut and put the window though. Anyway fast forward three days later. I happen to see her over the fence and we was having a chat when started to explain what happened and how she had been onto the land lords who said that a contractor would come around at the end of the week to have a look and fix it. But she would have to pay the bill. This was worrying her abit bit as she has not been out of hospital from having another lump removed from one of her lady bits.

She gets a bit of council benefit but that's about it. Not to worry she said it will all sort out in the end. And off she goes back inside.

Later that evening I get to thinking. Next morning I go around and tell her to phone her landlords up and tell them it's all fixed and for them to send someone round to inspect the work at end of the week.

I tell her in the meantime I will pop around the next evening after I get back from work and grab some materials that I will fix the door and re glaze it. HOWEVER there is one condition I said. I don't want anything for doing it. Don't be buying me cans beer as I won't drink it. Or think I need paying for owt as it's not going to cost me anything So don't de doing anything daft Let's just get it sorted.

As promised I went round. Fixed the door and the window all sorted. The following day as I pulled up on the driveway I thought to myself something is not right. Anyway I walked indoors and the missus asked me what I had said to the lady next door to which I replied. Nowt why. When I got home she said. She was out in out front garden cutting the grass and and weeding the flower beds.

So I went straight around and knocked on the door. When she opened it I asked why she had done what she did as there really was no need.

Well yes I know you made me promise not to buy you anything for fixing the door for me. But the chap came around this morning to inspect the work and said it's fantastic and signed it off. So I thought if I can't buy you anything. Doesn't mean I can't repay the favour in some way. I relied well thank you very much but like I said there really was no need but here. And passed her a key. What's that for she said. For the side gate that way you can finish the back lawn tomorrow haha she went to take it too.

Boring I know but a happy ending

That's a really nice story 😊.

OH just completed the main part of building a skunk enclosure for a local small zoo. They were really pleased with it and are great customers as they always pay promptly and don't set time frames as OH's health doesn't always permit him to work to a strict timetable.

We need to go down the wood to thin some more of the pole stage birch as it eventually will be clad on the base with half rounds of birch to match the meercat enclosure he built them last year. Meantime the skunks can move in.

Nice one.

I tried to fire up the motor on my cafe racer project having had in bits for 9 months and it burst into life first click. I am no stranger to tearing stuff apart and putting it back together again, but having just lost two people close to me this (to me at least) was something to be very happy about.

For years of having old £500 bangers to drive then we've finally taken the plunge for brand new motor. As my wife works for the NHS we're able to take advantage of their lease scheme.

in a few days time I shall have a Dacia Duster Laureate to drive and I won't have to wonder if I've got the right tools or money to fix it or get a face full of rust while I struggle underneath it. :)

For years of having old £500 bangers to drive then we've finally taken the plunge for brand new motor. As my wife works for the NHS we're able to take advantage of their lease scheme.

in a few days time I shall have a Dacia Duster Laureate to drive and I won't have to wonder if I've got the right tools or money to fix it or get a face full of rust while I struggle underneath it. :)

The nhs scheme is really good. My wife has her car through it.

Sunday is one of the club meetings.

Shoukd be about 50 humans present, so at least that number in "the pack"....several new members too for their first outing after injections.

Arturs Seat will be conquered & marked as theirs.

Guestimate says 60+ dogs will attend....Scottish dachshund group from Facebook.

It'll be hilarious as normal....followed by a wander up the Royal Mile to ferret out the drunken winnin of minimal clothing. They normally find several packs without trouble....Fringe season especially

I'm due to be a father for the first time any day now to a son, I'm very nervous and excited at the same time. It hasn't been an easy 9 months for my wife, so much you can't control but I'm in awe of her and the way she has grown and protected him and now we finally get to meet the little one. It truely feels like the greatest gift one could give.

Took my two kids ( not kids really at 20 and 18 ) up to Edinburgh for the day. I don't get to spend too much time with them since their Mum and me split and they have their own lives to lead, but we had a really good day and they're happy.

We took in the Scottish Academy Summer Exhibition and ate a lot of food.

Wonderful kids. A great day.

I'm due to be a father for the first time any day now to a son, I'm very nervous and excited at the same time. It hasn't been an easy 9 months for my wife, so much you can't control but I'm in awe of her and the way she has grown and protected him and now we finally get to meet the little one. It truely feels like the greatest gift one could give.

We are 10months in with our first, it's the best and hardest thing you'll ever do. She never fails to amaze me! Everyone says it but, make the most of every day, they change so quick. They aren't babies for long!

Best of luck with everything!

And suddenly everyone is an expert!!

Edited by Medic1281

Congratulations Jason, my missus is carrying our 3rd child as we speak, you life is about to seriously change mate!! but its the best thing ever mate. prepare for a freight train of emotion to smack you in the face mate