Tell us something nice.

general grievous

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son recently got promoted to Corporal in the Military Police which I am proud of,literally the next day he had a very serious incident to deal with and handled it very well and was told so by his superiors.

He makes me very proud.

He is also coming home for a week on Monday and will be bringing the thing that makes me almost burst with joy everytime.

My Granddaughter Ivy who is just coming up to 2 and is the most beautiful little girl in the world and will be my little shadow all the time she is here.

And it's still only Saturday!

I live in a village with a great community feel and we often talk about living in our own little bubble. The media bombards us with so much doom and gloom and I get why it's important to have a grip on what's going on in the world but it's nice to be able to retreat to what we know and love.

Thanks everyone , these are great to read.

GG

A good day with my youngest, he stayed overnight so we had a proper breakfast, giant triple choc muffins for elevenses, visited old friends, giant pasties for lunch. Went to a local "party in the park" then came home to a huge roast dinner. He's 12 and I'm nearly 60 but we can still be "boys" together. Now I can relax with a beer, early night and look forward to his 13th birthday tomorrow!

My son Ben (11) has gone Macky mad!He's got me shattered I can't fillet them quick enough as he's catching.End up leaving well after dark.Tried telling him to stop so I can catch up! His reply "it's like Pringles dad,once you start you can't stop" (50 Last night)

But it makes me happy and he's out in the fresh air.Oh and dinner today was lovely.

post-30855-0-19356400-1503229199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

My son Ben (11) has gone Macky mad!He's got me shattered I can't fillet them quick enough as he's catching.End up leaving well after dark.Tried telling him to stop so I can catch up! His reply "it's like Pringles dad,once you start you can't stop" (50 Last night)

But it makes me happy and he's out in the fresh air.Oh and dinner today was lovely.

Lovely. My introduction to fishing was catching mackeral of Dawlish Warren at 10 years old. Happy memories. :)

I'm sat hiding under a tree in a hay meadow where I saw a couple of fallow prickets the other day, the it's warm but not hot, there's a light beeeze in the right direction and I've got a beautiful view. I hope I catch up with them but it's odd hours like this that you don't really care it's just. I've to watch the world go by. Of course if I don't see them I might not be so cheerful later on 😂

Thank you,always think all these children from two people getting married 51 years ago.lol.

I too will have been married 51 years, next week. Yesterday at the local Street Market I was looking at Anniversary cards, having found 1 that I thought suitable I shouted to my Wife, "Do you want to check your card, BEFORE I buy it" had the rest of the customers in hysterics !

I am now out of A and E and on my way home to recover ready for my Anniversary ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Westley

New couple came to the clay pigeon club for second time - lovely people, very nice, safe gunhandling etc.

He's a good shot, second time shooting in years and got a 28/50, but he's ex forces so not entirely a surprise .... but he's not the good bit.

His wife, never shot before, ever, and today, second time she's ever shot a shotgun, hit 19, and had a spare shell, so obviously didn't shoot the full 50 - I took my armsan 612, and we gave her 21g shells, which it won't cycle, so she shot singles and we must have miscounted. So she could have hit 20, conceivably.

Bit minor compared to new grandkids, congrats by the way, but just fantastic to see a new lady shot, hit well and love it.