Pup is eating everything

hatsanmad

Hi guys as the top say really the pup a lab 5 month old is eating near enough anything and everything so far she has had 2 phone chargers landline and Internet cable shoes and most recent the sky arial cable that comes down the outside wall into the house.

Now my question is how can i stop/deter her from wanting to eat and destroy these type of things? I know its mainly down to her age and she is just being a puppy and wanting to play with these things more then anything but how could i discourage her from it?

Regards hatsan

😂😂😂😊😊

They do that

Try sacrificial stuff plastic milk carton plant pots road cones bones broccoli stumps anything you feel happy for her to chew

Or catching her in the act and saying NO sternly 👍

Or make a safe environment for the pup with nothing to chew other than it's stuff

Best of luck

Of

My lab bitch is now a year old. She's the same , eats everything. TV remote controls are a favourite. We've been through about six so far. Wallets , handbags, purses, shoes, mobile phones, slippers are other targets. I give her a very stern telling off every time she does it. We also keep stuff out of her reach now. I feel we are winning but it's a slow process.

yep ours will chew stuff thats not hers every now and again, if we are not in the room with her for any length of time then she gets a treat in her crate until we return, not worth the risk.

mind you the good side is that it makes the kids keep their toys off the floor, rule is that if its on the floor and it gets chewed tuff.

Edited by paul1966

My lab chewed anything she could for a while, mainly furniture but I gave her some chew toys and also if she went near anything she should I made sure she knew not to again.

All of a sudden the chewing has stopped and she is much better behaved. Think it takes time with some of them

I would 2nd wot fitzlee says above, give ur dog boundries, give it something else to do instead, more time in a crate/safe environment. Understanding the word no or a growl but also being praised rewarded for not chewing.

As well as not leaving anything around for the dog to get its mouth on esp if u don't want it chewed

Just another thing and I'm sure I'm teaching grannies to suck eggs

Just be very careful giving a pup or any dog hide chews.

Some dogs will suck them rather than chew them so it becomes soft and if they swallow them can choke.

The lass from the pet shop reckoned her adult bulldog would almost choke its self every time

Just another thing and I'm sure I'm teaching grannies to suck eggs

Just be very careful giving a pup or any dog hide chews.

Some dogs will suck them rather than chew them so it becomes soft and if they swallow them can choke.

The lass from the pet shop reckoned her adult bulldog would almost choke its self every time

Ours did just that, now she won't touch hide chews.

The advice I was given was to give the dog his own chew. If he then picked up anything that was not his (shoe, sock, pen etc) then a firm no was spoken, followed by giving him his chew (plastic coat hanger).

This has worked well for me and my dog has barely chewed a thing.