Silva Fox Whistles

They do look easy enough made! I personally just carry a 3"sq piece of glass sanded the edges an a bit of polystyrene works a treat an carry a nordik call round my neck. Just seen a pile of hype about the silva fox whistle an wondered was it worth the money. An was it near as good as they claimed. Field sports channel gave it a good review.

I make calls by fixing a thin piece of plastic between two lollypop sticks. This acts as a reed and works well. Different thicknesses/plastic create different sounds. And the good thing about them is that they cost nothing to make, and I get to eat the ice lollies too (Magnums are the best) :)

Does any one else make their own calls this has me interested now..

Yes but I run a piece of caset tape through two halves of a wooden clothes peg tape both ends to hold it no two sound the same

Cassette tape is good, as is video tape. I've tried various types of plastic, and one that works for me is the plastic covering on packets of ham. I've also experimented by using a few layers of plastic.

Still can't beat a good old mk1 hand!

Not after you forget your gloves and pick up a stinky old fox and then try the Mk1 call....tastes vile :lol:

I got one of the tenterfield calls and after a lot of spit and practice gave up and dowloaded the call onto my electronic caller. Dont tend to use it much as when its clean the good old hand call works a treat with the electronic call coming into its own when the foxes are in mating mode,

Not after you forget your gloves and pick up a stinky old fox and then try the Mk1 call....tastes vile :lol:

I got one of the tenterfield calls and after a lot of spit and practice gave up and dowloaded the call onto my electronic caller. Dont tend to use it much as when its clean the good old hand call works a treat with the electronic call coming into its own when the foxes are in mating mode,

Been there done That!😝

Yes I use one. Very easy when you know how. If you can use a Shepard's whistle then all's good. I have been using Shepard's whistle for many many years so it's natural.

Dry mouth, don't try to hard. If you can find the old plastic Shepard whistle then use that to start with as it has the side blocks in already.