Cromer lock down

Blackpowder

The problem with this is, if the authorities do nothing, some will take the law into their own hands!......Then it is they who will be subject to the full weight of the law!.....unfair eh? when the original perpetrators seem to be immune from prosecution

Remember poor old farmer Tony Martin who lived under the same police force...... :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 40+ doing some storming at a time and doubtless many more about I guess you'd need probably 10 times the police that were about to do much. Heard one report that the younger members were throwing bottles at the police. I think their aim was just to calm it down and sit it out.

Norfolk Police have 1500 Constables (2016 figure) if they couldn't deploy the resources at the time, then gather video evidence and go into the camp site team handed in a dawn raid. It's a question of will not numbers.

Edited by TriBsa

Caught the tale end of a news item on Radio 4 this morning seeming to suggest that due to an influx of aggressive so called travellers this town was shut down last night. Pubs closed at 7 30 and many premises not opening on Sunday morning. Any more info, seems so outrages just wonder if I heard correctly.

Blackpowder

Hope they got the crabs.

Just seen the local news, several people have been left rather shaken and I think the police have some questions to answer.

Just been reading the evening news and I think the local police have more than a few questions to answer on the subject.

Many complaints of abuse, theft and intimidation and not one arrest undertaken.

Just been reading the evening news and I think the local police have more than a few questions to answer on the subject.

Many complaints of abuse, theft and intimidation and not one arrest undertaken.

Is there a PCC for the area? If so, are they any good?

Sounds like a few heads should be on the block for this....complete & utter failing to provide protection to the residents & business owners!

Full refund of rates to be forthcoming? Letter of apology? Criminal charges against those involved for dereliction of duty, failure to carry out the duties of a public office?

...no doubt it will be brushed under the carpet with a few lame apologies & empty promises that it'll never happen again.

Watched an interesting interview on the local news this evening when the Assistant Chief Constable tried to pass off the theft of fuel, refusing to pay in shops

restaurants and bars and generally intimidating and threatening behaviour as ' a few instances of low level crime' , the presenter ripped him to bits and rightly so.

Lets hope our local MP can get some answers because our finest are certainly not worth their share of the council tax bill, more to follow on this one I hope.

Another little mistake was managing to lose a Transit which was seen outside Dave Berkshire Motorcycles when a pair of KTM trial bikes went missing, the pursuit was deemed to risky to continue, what is the world coming to or have we already arrived? Atb Steve

Oh, and the hammer attack:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/hunt-for-bald-bmw-driver-after-violent-clacton-hammer-attack-puts-man-in-hospital-1-5155655

So Rape, GBH, theft, intimidation etc and the Police say there have been a number of incidents of "low level crime" in Cromer?

Apart from the fact that this is in Clacton, two counties away... A quiet night for Clacton in any event...

None of this is any surprise or news to me; this type of behaviour and police response has been going on in Appleby for years.

No matter what seems to happen, the police default response is always one of ' isolated instances of low level crime or non compliance.'

They may well be isolated instances of low level crime or none compliance, but they are ones for which the locals are prosecuted.

Said have now relocated to Colchester Leisure world...

They've gone now.

Interesting though that the council said that a number of 'travellers' had gone into the town and 'low level disorder' had been reported.

It seems the 'low level disorder' line is the preferred official response to these filth.

They've gone now.

Interesting though that the council said that a number of 'travellers' had gone into the town and 'low level disorder' had been reported.

It seems the 'low level disorder' line is the preferred official response to these filth.

Yes, sounds like some rebranding so that the problem goes away. No it's not a riot, it's Low Level Disorder. Move along please.

Probably straight out of the Common Purpose Police Handbook. Surprised the Police didn't arrest the Clacton residents for Hate Crimes against the Minority that graced them with their presence.

Norfolk Police couldn't deal with the "Low Level Disorder" and relied on Essex Police to make the arrest!

I do hope the Chief Constable of Norfolk Police is accountable for this poor show.

A couple of my mates were at Sheringham and Cromer - the **** were sharing their favours along the coast - and it was a free for all with travellers just helping themselves to food, booze and fags from any shop, garage or supermarkets. One big bunch raided Morrisons and the police just waived them through without paying to get them out of the store - my mate was at the checkout and he had to pay! He watched a dreadful display of policing. A lot of CCTV which clearly shows thieving but I wonder how many arrests will occur???