Lack of Respect!!

JD140

I'm in a similar position, been shooting on this guys land since 2004 and all on my own for the past 5 or more years never any issues but it's always been a big nono to leave empties and he's made it very clear (not that I ever have). Never had any issues and done a lot of good with regard to the vermin.

At the start of the summer he was snowed under with pigeons and I was nowhere to be seen as I was flat out with work and diy so he let two other guys shoot there. I've not met either yet as I've been staying away at weekends but had a wander around today and found a load of empty cartridges sat in plain sight.

I'd love to go tell the farmer but I hate back stabbers so I'm very reluctant to do it to someone else - really think whoever it is deserves to be kicked off, if they can't treat it with respect so early on but I just can't bring myself to do it

I dont see it as back stabbing just stating the facts that they left empty shells. They have chosen to leave a mess which reflects badly on all shooters. I would tell the farmer and let him decide.

If somebody left a pile of cartridges in your garden wouldnt you like to know who it was?

i rekon the worst thing you can do is tell the farmer..............some of the landowners i know...will get shirty and ban everyone..( lot of farmers have a very short fuse and a lot of problems to deal with...they see pigeons shooters getting enjoyment out of their land when they are in debt up to the eyeballs)..............approach the bloke who did it and just politly tell him to take his rubbish home with as you dont like to go around clearing up after him...........

nice one agree with this thot an ex squaddie would be more tidy tho wouldn't ya

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am 67 and was brought up to never litter.

Keep Britain tidy was a good tv advert in the late 60s now the latest generation seem to have not learnt or have not been taught litter manners and not just on the fields.

im the same era......unfortunately some young peoples values are now totally different to ours.........i say "some" ...as several i know are better than i was at that age....one of my young friends has a car ...to seen to believe...........you get in it turn round and it is like a rubbish tip....crisp packets fag packets KFC boxes...Big Mac boxes......empty bottles ......christ it is a disaster zone.....you will never see him litter anywhere....he has a clear out once a mth....

ive seen him chase someone down the road for littering...................

so dont dispair.......there are still a lot of young lads out there with very strong ethics.... :good::good: