Getting the build itch again, making my own gun safe???

rovercoupe

Yeah the root? Weld was stitched and then tactically welded to try and get some of the existing bend out and today after its cooled down its come out not too bad but the original bend is still there on the flat sheets so might go all out and put some welds across the back and see if I can weld form it straight, it will be on the back so nobody will see them! 

Picked up a load of angle offcuts ready for some jig work to begin and even found a 6foot clamp at work which might come in handy when it all comes together.

its a bit of a challenge now to get a full rods worth of slag to pop off with no chipping the welds are good enough for the cabinet but are a bit high in the middle.

Right so did a bit today, tried out some weld bending due to lack of blowtorch and have got nothing to lose on this so put down some lines on the back of the bend and waitedand low and behold as they cooled they have pulled it back into some sort of straightness enough to clamp and weld on the next section.

IMG_5851.jpg

I habe also decided to start a new project alongside this which is going to be my walk before you can run gun safe. I have stacks of this box section cut down at work and have been looking at it for months thinking it must be good for something and then had a lightbulb moment and they measure up as the perfect size for a break down safe or car safe. No major bending or warping apart from the door and can be used as a tester for the big safe so cracked on with cutting the door out of it. Also handy is one end has allready got a huge tab on it for locking to something solid.

IMG_5849.jpg

After all the metalwork fun i also finally got a old engine running again, a old honda g200 been outside for the last 3 years and totally messed up but cleaned up inside and out and brought back to life!

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

Edited by rovercoupe
Right zize pics