viking

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. it need a winch
  2. whats that black poo-poo strip along the bottom of the doors..?
  3. black plastic off the roof
  4. dont do any stripes
  5. dont paint it autumn filth
  6. dont fiddle with the engine
  7. dont fiddle with the electrics
  8. put a decent gun rack in it
  9. dont put any fany spots on the roof
  10. bet you are thinking of putting a bloody snorkel on

this should be interesting ....(for a while)

PS cant help you on this one its all tooo modern.. :lol:

so, the list of jobs so far are,

there is a small amount of paint rubbed of one of the arches, and an outward small dent in on of the side panels, its booked in to the paint shop next wednesday.

im planning on changing all the bolts in the door hinges as there not pretty, the bolts i bought for the rear tub came today but i couldnt work out how to get to the back of them, not as much room as there was on bonni,

front bumper bolts will be getting changed to, the green oval badge on the back with be replaced with a black one,

will probably buy some nice gay wing top vents and one for the side wing.

need to change all the indicators, brake and side lights as there a bit green inside, will probably just replace the lenses,

a couple of bench seats for the back, and something for the inside panel sides, maybe change the side steps,

will have to buy a new sawtooth for the back door/spare as its a standard wheel and tyre,

and rfont bumper has has some powder coating come off near one of the running lights so might get that re coated, or i might buy a new one, the one with the bigger lights in it. then it can go off and be cleaned and polished, :good::good:

dont worry i will keep you all up today with before and after photos :lol::lol:

1. it need a winch
  2. whats that black poo-poo strip along the bottom of the doors..?
  3. black plastic off the roof
  4. dont do any stripes
  5. dont paint it autumn filth
  6. dont fiddle with the engine
  7. dont fiddle with the electrics
  8. put a decent gun rack in it
  9. dont put any fany spots on the roof
  10. bet you are thinking of putting a bloody snorkel on

this should be interesting ....(for a while)

PS cant help you on this one its all tooo modern.. :lol:

rite simon,

had a winch before and never used it, £1500 inc bumper, so no :no:

its checker plate, still un decided about that, only problem taking it off is it leaves holes :hmm:

the wrap on the roof, same, still undecided, been quoted £50 to remove it, ill give that some time :good:

no stripes :rolleyes:

no autumn filth :oops:

i wont fiddle with the engine, but Twisted all ready have care of the previous owner, still undecided, goes well but does it do any overall damage, had a £500 re-map, £50 to undo :good:

i wont fiddle with the electrics, its got some good speakers where the old ones were, same size, some good ones in the back, and a small flat subwoofer under the center arm rest, and a good DAB CD and radio player, very pleased with it, only down side is the center arm rest is 4" higher now, good for resting your arm but a little in the way for changing gear, so thinking of putting it back as it should be, and maybe putting the sub behind it :hmm::hmm:

dont do gun racks :no:

no spotlights this time :no:

and last defender i had first thing i bought for it was a snorkel, i wouldnt have one now though so your safe there :lol:

and if i need your help i know you will be there for me :good::good:

If you are changing the bolts look at some form of security on the new ones. It just makes it easier for some scrote to pinch stuff!

The problem with security bolts the bits to undo them are everywhere!!

i know what your saying but there scandalous priced, but i guess cheaper than buying new doors and a bonnet, but saying that it will be in the garage over night, and its rare that i ever leave it anywhere,

You would be surprised at the lengths people go to, garaged or not!!

There are cheaper ways of making it harder!

if they want it they will have it, im a light sleeper and have guns :good::good:

are you desperate to keep the spare wheel on the back door ?

in general, yes,

Very nice mate

cheers ips :good:

are tub bolts along the rear above the rear xmember if so then they are captive nuts the bolts need to be undone 1/4 turn then a squirt of wd make sure the torxe socket is a good one as the splines are shallow.not trying to tell you how to suck eggs :lol: just my experience in replacing these.

Edited by scutt

are tub bolts along the rear above the rear xmember if so then they are captive nuts the bolts need to be undone 1/4 turn then a squirt of wd make sure the torxe socket is a good one as the splines are shallow.not trying to tell you how to suck eggs :lol: just my experience in replacing these.

you were right mate, all captive :good::good: