Right I Went and Bought one for curiosity

subsonicnat

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still finding this thread funny. Where has subsonic Nat gone? Haven't seen him since he was 'outed'.

No,,Have not gone away..

I suffer very bad Vertigo and have been giving the darn Tablet a miss,as it doesn't help..

Yes, Will be back on when I can get it under control..

Started the last time I went shooting..

What Outed means,I must admit I don't understand..?.

Anyway backing off tablet again for now..

No,,Have not gone away..

I suffer very bad Vertigo and have been giving the darn Tablet a miss,as it doesn't help..

Yes, Will be back on when I can get it under control..

Started the last time I went shooting..

What Outed means,I must admit I don't understand..?.

Anyway backing off tablet again for now..

I am sure all of us who have been reading this thread wish you a speedy recovery , even though I would never be thinking about buying or using one , would you being an fowler in the past be able to use this gadget in poor light and under the moon ?

For anyone wondering the best way to fit them I have a pretty good solution. Get yourself a SATA cable, it is the cable you use to attach hard disk etc to the mainboard of your PC and cost pennies. As I work in IT I have lots of them lay around. Trim them down to the length of your red dot and the height of your rib and use a length each side and clamp your red dot on to it. Its stiff enough to give a really solid grip but also soft enough for the grub screws to bed in.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-inch-SATA-Serial-Cable/dp/B003WV5DK6/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1507228814&sr=1-4&keywords=sata+cable

Edited by srspower

I am sure all of us who have been reading this thread wish you a speedy recovery , even though I would never be thinking about buying or using one , would you being an fowler in the past be able to use this gadget in poor light and under the moon ?

Sorry Mate,Not coming on much,gives me a real wobbly,Damn Vertigo knocked me flat on my back 50 years ago,,flat on my back in bed for 3 weeks with the room spining 24/7..

No Up,No down,No Left ,No right..its damn murder..

Anyway in answer to your question of evening and early morning flight,sadly no.

There is a more expensive one some where about that uses batterys,Now that would work..

Thanks for recovery bit anyway,Clay club asked where I was yesterday..lol..

Right I took mine out today for a trial run looking for Pheasants. I didn't find any but I did shoot at a lot of Woodpigeon taking an interest in some black beans. I missed a LOT now I can't say that the sight made me any worse but it certainly didn't improve things for me.

I can see the logic though, I tested mine on a post and the red dot is right in the middle of the pattern and if you look straight down the rib the dot is aligned with the bead so if your sight picture is above the rib then the red dot rises showing you exactly how high it will shoot. I will have to try it again to see if I have better luck.

Edited by srspower