Shooting abroad

Dellbert

The ones I saw abroad are preying on tourists, you turn up, get something like 10 shots of 5 guns, charged about £80 and bundled out the door. We didn't bother when we were in Poland.

When I was recently in LA we went to a range and stayed for about 2 hours shooting all sorts of guns and it was nice and relaxed, had a great time.

Where do you go and what's it like? Prices?

The ones I saw abroad are preying on tourists, you turn up, get something like 10 shots of 5 guns, charged about £80 and bundled out the door. We didn't bother when we were in Poland.

When I was recently in LA we went to a range and stayed for about 2 hours shooting all sorts of guns and it was nice and relaxed, had a great time.

Where do you go and what's it like? Prices?

we go for a weekend to Czech Republic and its run by instructors who instruct ,its a learning experience similar to the training given to there police teams . If your interested pm me your e mail for full details . Its not expensive at all .

i liked the idea of the USA but

i dont have the time ,and its cheaper in Czech .

I leave the UK on a friday about 2 pm two hours later im Czech an hour after that we are at the accomodation

followed by 2 full days on the range and we have been luck enough to grab a few hours on the monday then back to the airport and back to the UK by about 6pm on the Monday all for less than the flights to the USA (when i looked anyway)

I certainly have! I have just come back from the state's, and although there was lots of stuff to shoot (full auto, .50 cal), I enjoyed my time more in Brno as there was more structure, and you get the whole range to yourself!

As for David, you could not wish to meet a nicer bloke! And he really does know his stuff, my girlfriend had been clay shooting about 5 times before we went and after 2 days with David she passed the police firearms test!

David is really the most mild mannered guy ive met and has the patience of a saint , and i cant see how you could want for a better instructor .

As for the police bit we have a mate who has just retired from the police where the firearms bit was his daily job ,we showed him the videos and pics and he said we shot more that weekend than they did in training in a year .

Trouble is i think people expect the bang bang type Praque stag does and dont realise its an education .We are going again in May but i really want to squeeze two in next year .

one of our videos

A mate runs a company which does trips to Poland, use an indoor range, outdoor range and some classroom stuff as well.

I've not managed to get a chance to get over there but ya called Elite Shooting PL. They sort as much or as little as you want. Email is eliteshootingpl@gmail.com his website stills being sorted but have a look on Facebook as well.

If you can't find details drop me a pm with your email and I'll pass it on.

That was at the end of the day so a bit of light relief . Not the way the whole days go .

That's the great thing about Czech tactical, one of the the first things David asked was what we wanted to do, if you just want to blaze off hundreds of rounds you can, we chose to do some proper training, and I'm glad we did!

There is a really good spa hotel nearby so Kb1 you could take the Mrs with you!

We had a day in Brno after our shooting to soak up some culture, nice place and nice people!

• 3 weeks later...