At Last.............

wymberley

.........We're off - I hope. The combine finally after a month rolled out again on Thursday. By mid afternoon yesterday all the outlying fields of oats were in with just enough time do do one small field of wheat. Never a productive field but I'm hoping to get a few this afternoon to use as decoys in the main players. So far the stubbles (winter barley) have been a disaster with the birds preferring the standing crops - they still are - but judging by the weather these will all be gone by the end of the week.

Going to need a plan B. Set up, sat there and nothing. Couldn't make it out, but then the rooks started flying over and I twigged. Went for a shufti and sure enough, the combine wasn't where it was supposed to be. It should have been in one field that the pigeon were really hitting which would have put them off and hopefully my way. Farmer had changed his mind and gone elsewhere which disturbed the rooks that were in the next field. Still, not all bad as I've been trying to get to the blacks but have been 'locked out' by stock but now I have a way in.