PPI company

kyska

Anyone used a decent one? I don't have the time or inclination to do it myself.

Why do you think it's going to be difficult ?

In most case's it's a simple matter of filling in a few questions on a form. Sending it off to your bank/building society that you had the loan or mortgage from. They will then contact you and tell you how much you are entitled to, plus interest at 8% (mine was that). No way would I give 30%, you've been robbed once !!! far too easy to do to be worth that ridiculous amount.

hello, your bank my help rather than a PPI my son received a notification from barclays of a payment due without asking, as happens 2 payments £1,750 total

Similar for me as I had an "Access" card from Lloyds. Lloyds contacted me unprompted about 2 years ago. Wasn't nearly as much as that, but I think I only had it for a short time. Edited by JohnfromUK

Similar for me as I had an "Access" card from Lloyds. Lloyds contacted me unprompted about 2 years ago. Wasn't nearly as much as that, but I think I only had it for a short time.

hello, your right john, mine was with Lloyds yet silly me i went the PPI route :rolleyes: only got £90 and they took £30, Lloyds said after we could have sorted that Mr H, i kept telling my son to try and get his refund but he was a bit sceptical then as i mentioned he did not have to, would not give dad a sub for some carts :no:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Just go into the bank and ask for details of accounts you have / have had, loans cards etc and whether they had PPI. Record the details then make a claim. Wait for them to respond, if you're not happy go to the Financial Ombudsman, all easy to do and F.O were very helpful with me. I got over £4K for a loan from the mid nineties.

If you can't be bothered to spend ten minutes writing a letter then you don't really deserve any money back.the rest of Europe call us lazy I wonder why

Nothing to do with laziness, and I beg, how come I don't deserve anything because I've decided to have a third party do it for me?

As above, I've tried the banks forms and they require information I simply don't have or can obtain.

Not that I should be explaining myself to you.

Just go into the bank and ask for details of accounts you have / have had, loans cards etc and whether they had PPI. Record the details then make a claim. Wait for them to respond, if you're not happy go to the Financial Ombudsman, all easy to do and F.O were very helpful with me. I got over £4K for a loan from the mid nineties.

This is the simplest answer, but I live hours away from my branch, I don't know if I'd get any info by just ringing. The accounts have been closed for 15 odd years, I KNOW I had PPI

I used Claimsguys. They had some forms for me to fill on who I had bank accounts, saving, catalogue, store cards credit cards etc. I filled in what info I had and could remember. They then do the chasing. They even found some I didn't know about and would not have found.

They send a fair few forms, but not too onerous and I would not have found some of it without them.

You get the money from your company direct and then have to pay them after, so dont spend all the cash when it arrives as they bill you about a week after you receive it.

They do charge a third, but if you are not going to do it on your own, two thirds is better than none.

Kyska, I had a ppi settlement a few months ago from the RBS, all I did was downloaded the form from the RBS website and filled in as much as I could( took me less than 10 mins)

All I could fill in was my name address and date of birth, they do the rest as they will hold all of your historic details.

Kyska, I had a ppi settlement a few months ago from the RBS, all I did was downloaded the form from the RBS website and filled in as much as I could( took me less than 10 mins)

All I could fill in was my name address and date of birth, they do the rest as they will hold all of your historic details.

Exactly.as this is all the ppi company will do it the letter of authority that you give them.the bank hold all details and will give you the information. Some people have had thousands back.if you are in a job that pays that kind of money for a few minutes and a first class stamp then I doubt you would ever have needed a loan.

Anyone used a decent one? I don't have the time or inclination to do it myself.

That's stupid !I did it my self for a 27 year old Barclay card one form one telephone conversation an on line questionare and £12,000 dropped on the mat ! I would have given £4000 awayto let someone else do it

Deershooter

You did take a bit of a mauling! Wait until next time you're in town and call into the bank. Worth making the detour and it is a really easy process. As someone else said, download the form first so you know what info you need and away you go!!

You don't need precise details of your loans.thats just banks trying it on to see how many people give up,if you give a rough date of when you took out the loan.the ammounts. The branch unless online,you do not need account numbers.it does surprise me how many can't remember anything about their loans other than they were definitely mis sold ppi.as for you not deserving a refund Kyska I believe that probably 85% of claimants should not get any back as they were fully aware of signing for it and would have been only to quick to make a claim if circumstances arose,my comments on laziness stand it takes a few minutes to write to the bank.not forgetting you will have to do the same for the sharks that are going to take a massive chunk of any money you may get.but I guess if you are wealthy enough to not worry about giving a third of it away.i have read loads of threads on here where some are up in arms about doctors wanting a few pounds to do a medical form for renewal or grant and when the police dared to ask for around 100 pounds for renewals.yet are happy to give up to several thousand pounds to someone for basically doing nothing.nothing stranger than folk

i tried with lloyds tsb , i filled forms in that took me hours to find out the relevant information (most if which i couldnt find as it was all over 10yrs ago ) , then a few phone calls , then more forms with questions that i still couldnt possibly answer , then a few more phone calls , only to be told that it was in their archives and they couldnt access the information , and that i would need to go through it all again with their archives dept , i gave up in the end as they seemed to be deliberately obstructive , i was paying around £50 per month insurance for around ten years , so im guessing the ppi might have been a decent amount. i might give it another go.

You don't need precise details of your loans.thats just banks trying it on to see how many people give up,if you give a rough date of when you took out the loan.the ammounts. The branch unless online,you do not need account numbers.it does surprise me how many can't remember anything about their loans other than they were definitely mis sold ppi.as for you not deserving a refund Kyska I believe that probably 85% of claimants should not get any back as they were fully aware of signing for it and would have been only to quick to make a claim if circumstances arose,my comments on laziness stand it takes a few minutes to write to the bank.not forgetting you will have to do the same for the sharks that are going to take a massive chunk of any money you may get.but I guess if you are wealthy enough to not worry about giving a third of it away.i have read loads of threads on here where some are up in arms about doctors wanting a few pounds to do a medical form for renewal or grant and when the police dared to ask for around 100 pounds for renewals.yet are happy to give up to several thousand pounds to someone for basically doing nothing.nothing stranger than folk

You know nothing about me, or the life changing events I've had leaving me with little info.

I'm also not sure why you keep posting, you've stated I'm lazy, and I've probably got more money than sense, other than that you've contributed tripe.

I don't understand your issues, it's not your money.

And how can 85% of people not deserve being paid back for something they don't need? Surely if I'm (in your words) too wealthy I HAVE been mis sold PPI as I wouldn't need that safety surely?

Not bright stuff fella.

Go into a Lloyds branch and ask to see all your details Mel, the girl I spoke too printed all mine off for me!!!

that was my first point of contact , they passed me along to someone else (not at the branch) , then these people passed me along to someone else , it was form filling and phone calls all the way , all asking for the same information that i simply didnt have , they even asked me why i wanted the money back ???, they were deliberately obstructive whilst being very polite , they eventually told me that id need to do it all over again with their archive department , it was at this point that i gave up.

i know personally , a guy that walked into a branch(tsb) , and asked about a ppi claim , they said "leave it with us , and well look into it" , he got home from work two weeks later to find two cheques for £9,000 each , one for him , and one for his wife.