English Open at Hodnet

MITCHF

There was not a great deal of technique on that driven midi, pick the line, swing through hard, pull the trigger and hope to see it break. A splatty wad 9 was the load of choice with 2 kills.

On the Sunday they had a 70mm driven target, a very different animal as it started fast, but slowed quickly. Caught very many people out who gave it too much. I missed the first one in front and thankfully nailed the last 3.

I would second that as my technique for driven is haphazard at best. Although I killed it one shot, 7.5, half choke and smashed the three out of four. I missed the first one as it took me a bit by surprise as is often the way with me. The Sunday one, I managed 2.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would second that as my technique for driven is haphazard at best. Although I killed it one shot, 7.5, half choke and smashed the three out of four. I missed the first one as it took me a bit by surprise as is often the way with me. The Sunday one, I managed 2.

You did better than an awful lot, not too shabby for someone who hates driven. Hopefully that has brought confidence.

You did better than an awful lot, not too shabby for someone who hates driven. Hopefully that has brought confidence.

Work in progress as so many different types of driven and for that matter teal which is the other nemesis. Just got to keep practising and remembering what technique to use for which and of course keep building in confidence.

You did very well on those targets, keep it up and i'm sure there will be a three lions badge for you soon. from Auntie.

:good::yes:

Thank you Auntie but even if there were a chance of shooting for country I would want to shoot for Wales but I'm not allowed as I was born in England to parents born in England and I didn't marry a Welshman. My family home is in Wales and I grew up there and that is where my heart is but that's not enough plus I'm not good enough. I can claim English, Irish and Scottish heritage but the one that matters isn't there :(

Sian, Are you sure about the Welsh qualification? I thought Grandparents could be taken into account ? I have a friend who shot for Wales and as far as I recall he only worked in Wrexham, maybe he used his work address ?

If you would like three Lions on your badge , come and shoot for Shropshire :)

Sian, Are you sure about the Welsh qualification? I thought Grandparents could be taken into account ? I have a friend who shot for Wales and as far as I recall he only worked in Wrexham, maybe he used his work address ?

Thanks for the offer but I shoot for Greater London. My grandparents were not Welsh unfortunately. My family home address is still in Wales as my parents are there. Anyway I have in the past emailed the Welshing version of CPSA and they have never responded to me.

I understood same thing in fact I thought you could shoot for wales if you had driven through it 😉

Same stands , same targets, and the Catamong nightmare will be the same DRIVEN as it always has been , if people chose to shoot it as a crosser , so be it , that was then , this is now . Why choose to shoot it as a crosser ? You invariably lose the line .

A number of people have shot it in the last few days and with encouragement and instruction have found it to be okay .They have also found stand 6 & 12 simply frustrating but easy after advice.