English Open at Hodnet

MITCHF

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i am as well . Diggers has a good score in 115/120. I'm shooting tomorrow in the early afternoon. Hodnet is my favorite ground and having read on facebook all the excellent comments about the shoot, it sounds brilliant..Hope I do it justice. Good luck to all of the North of England Team.... from Auntie.

:good:

I shot today and thoroughly enjoyed the shoot. Hodnet is a superb ground and such a great landscape for some fun target setting.

Was a 5:30am start and home at 10pm but worth it.

Really pleasingly 3 of us travelled down together, shot together and all did well enough that we will be back on Sunday. Will travel down Saturday afternoon however, don't fancy another 17hour day.

Edited by grrclark

What day are you shooting it ?

Sorry will just seen your post we shot thesporting today and shoot the Sportrap tomorrow midday.

Very good course I enjoyed, never shot as well I expected ended on 85 ex 120 started off well enough with only a few dropped over first four or five stands then the wheels came off for a few stands shot some harder stuff very well and lost some easy targets through not concentrating.

Everyone I spoke to had a good word for the layout. Cheryl Hall was in front of us and she was shooting well as were most of her sqaud.

Best of luck to anyone who is having it.

So come on what scores did you all shoot, I saw aunties score good darts :good:

Edited by figgy

C class, blimey, I thought you were in AA or AAA!

One day Dave, when I stop nannying about and actually concentrate.

This is my 4th sporting shoot this year, but only the second one that I have not setup and been loading and fixing traps as I go round. I have setup more registered shoots this year than I have actually shot !!

Hodnet is a special place, no commercial ground in Scotland could throw the variation of targets that are possible there. It is a small piece of ground, but they use it really well.