Rain stops play

Dr D

Headed out this afternoon for a bank holiday foray. Found a field with 20 birds down feeding, but little joining. This was about 2 o'clock. The forecast wasn't good and I knew I was going to have to make a call quick otherwise the weather would close in.

I notice the birds down were not on the ideal side of the field and I would have to set up with the wind in my face. Luckily there was a high hedge to get buried in.

I watched for a half hour and decided to give it a go. Set up and shooting for 3pm. Finished shortly after 5pm. Birds decoyed nicely. No gizmos, just started with 6 shells and replaced them with dead birds as I went along.

42 was the final pickup. 36 in the photo.

Oh. And as the title suggests. Rain stopped play. Otherwise the bag would have been bigger.

post-2557-0-64807300-1503945886_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dr D

You will soon be swamped with mainland pigeon shooters at the rate your getting good bags Dr D :lol: , good luck to you and I hope you have got a few more decent bags to come .

You seem to be amongst the pigeons at the moment lets hope it continues.

Quite the opposite here today, I could well have shot a few but decided against it in the sweltering heat with lots of fly blown birds etc.

Same here aga man , went near Norwich today and it was 28 and came back to near the coast and it was down to 24 , still to hot to shoot so took the dog down to the farms reservoir for a couple of water retrieves and looked around the wheat stubbles for tomorrow as it is due to get a bit cooler .