That was hard work

GingerCat

I've been driving about looking at fields with no joy I decided to just have a go regardless. Never a good recipe for success but the alternative of hard labour in the garden twisted my arm.

Initially I set up on the edge of a wood by some corn. I know the wood is well used and saw some pigeons in the corner of the corn field 2 days ago.

I lasted an hour and saw nothing.

Whilst packing up I noticed a number of birds by an oak tree some 400 yards further up the field.

With nothing to lose I relocated and ended up in a dry ditch under the tree.

I managed 12 shot with 8 picked but should have shot 30 odd more.

There was no flightline so to speak and it's came from wherever they wanted really making for a few snap shots.

I'm hoping they are spoit for choice with fields and the recent ploughing will narrow things doen a bit.

Sounds a familiar story; my shoots are very hit and miss (excuse the pun) Never sure how many will be in my area. I've had as few as 1 or 2 and a couple of great days with over 20 birds in a few hours. I find it does very little to help with consistent kills when there is not a steady flow of birds. Keep at it.