House Prices

DannyS

Had to laugh (otherwise id probably cry)

Theres a new housing development going up near me so thought id pop in to enquire.

The 3 bed semis - prices starting at £750k.....i laughed an left

I know house prices are ridiculous especially in the south east but really!?

Sorry but I just had to tell someone lol

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about Location.

Even if you think the prices are too high for the area, it takes just one developer to stretch the market and a president is set. It also raises prices around it, so benefit is there more so for the the people who don't spend anything on their houses as their net profit soars in comparison.

Edited by Cosd

It's supply and demand; often new build will start with the most optimistic prices ....... and if they sell, ...... well and good for the developer. If after a period the developer finds there is little interest, you can be sure the prices will be 'more flexible' as the developer accepts a lower margin to move some stock, though they probably won't exactly shout this from the rooftops.

same here in Brundall....a new 8 house development ....houses 750k to 1.3million..........bloody joke..

That's one reason we aborted our move to Norfolk. Prices had become close to what they are in Hertfordshire. And people are still buying them.

Location, location, location.

Here in the Wolds prices are much more reasonable. I know of a five bedroom manor house in a quiet village in it's own grounds in good condition which has remained unsold at £450,000.

I am in the process of buying a house which was new twelve years ago and I am paying considerably less than it was sold for when new.

Yeah of course, being in the London commuter belt is always going to push prices up. The G/F and i are going to have to move away in order to buy a house as we just cant afford where we are. Which is a shame but as neither of us work or want to work in London, we're not tied to here so can move anywhere, which is quite exciting lol

Planning, planning, planning.....

If it wasn't for the planning system limiting building land and where you can build, houses would be in general be a lot cheaper

The irony is that local residents (anywhere in the country) bemoan planners for accepting developments talking of Brown envelopes etc.

Had to laugh (otherwise id probably cry)

Theres a new housing development going up near me so thought id pop in to enquire.

The 3 bed semis - prices starting at £750k.....i laughed an left

I know house prices are ridiculous especially in the south east but really!?

Sorry but I just had to tell someone lol

Where is that?

It sounds pretty toppy for even the South East.

There is @ 1000 properties being built very close to me , cheapest 1 at the moment is £698, 000, dearest £1.2 million, nothing on the site under £0.5 million until they do the affordable stuff which will still be £300,000 or thereabouts. Not exactly the starter homes needed in this country, when the site is totally finished it will be a new town with 3000 new properties.

S

Thats why South Wales is such incredible value. Check it out on zoopla

I do believe there is going to be a big slump in the housing market. The remain camp will be unbearable blaming it all on Brexit but the real reason (in the Home Counties) is the recent cap on housing benefits.

Uncontrolled Benefits have a lot to be blamed for in the past, it inflated the rents being charged and that inflated the house prices. Now hundreds of those houses are being sold off because the benefits are capped and tenants can't pay the inflated rent any more.

Edited by Vince Green

Thats why South Wales is such incredible value. Check it out on zoopla

I do believe there is going to be a big slump in the housing market. The remain camp will be unbearable blaming it all on Brexit but the real reason (in the Home Counties) is the recent cap on housing benefits.

Uncontrolled Benefits have a lot to be blamed for in the past, it inflated the rents being charged and that inflated the house prices. Now hundreds of those houses are being sold off because the benefits are capped and tenants can't pay the inflated rent any more.

It's not just that. The new tax changes to landlords means they now pay tax on rent collected before the mortgage payments etc are taken out. Lots of landlords who would re-mortgage and buy more property every few years now have an "income"that's pretty big, it after mortgage and expenses isn't massive.

Thing is they now have to pay tax on that "income" and only get a 20% tax relief, making many landlords now pay a lot more tax.

The deposit protection scheme was also a great way to get tenants to report landlords who aren't registered. If your landlord doesn't put your deposit into a protected scheme they can have huge fines, yet once they're in those scheme the tax man will easily be able to see who owns what and their rental income.

It's not just that. The new tax changes to landlords means they now pay tax on rent collected before the mortgage payments etc are taken out. Lots of landlords who would re-mortgage and buy more property every few years now have an "income"that's pretty big, it after mortgage and expenses isn't massive.

Thing is they now have to pay tax on that "income" and only get a 20% tax relief, making many landlords now pay a lot more tax.

The deposit protection scheme was also a great way to get tenants to report landlords who aren't registered. If your landlord doesn't put your deposit into a protected scheme they can have huge fines, yet once they're in those scheme the tax man will easily be able to see who owns what and their rental income.

Well i am a landlord of two properties (its my pension/inheritancefor the kids ) i rent at a lower than agent figure but now with the new mortgage /tax changes i will put up the rents more in line with everyone else (which for one place will be £100 a month ) it will mean i will make very little more and maybe even lose a tennant .I was also planning on buying another but wont be doing that now .The whole rental sector will be run by the big boys in a few years ...

My house is a end terraced 4 double bed , rear garden , 6 car parking, 2 bathroom, gun room, and garage and is currently valued at £180,000

My mums is the same spec but detached and 1 mile away but £340-350,000.

Yes hers is nicer I won't denie( wish I had it) but it's the area.

Now if I drive over the river and 500 yards I enter a local village.

The same spec again is £500,000 .

We are currently having over 3000 houses built in my town but another 2000 within 8 miles. It's crazy around Tamworth at the moment but because it's great for commuting from , the houses will sell.

We can be at south, west, and east coasts within 2 hours

Birmingham , Leicester, Nottingham, derby, burton, Coventry etc within 30 minutes.

Unfortunately most of the land I remember as a kid is built on and I'm only 35

The idea of a three bed semi being £750k is simply frightening, I get they need more houses but that is shocking are you sure they didn't say £75k 😲

Sounds like everyone should move oop north 😄😄

The price of whippets and flat caps will go up! I can see an opportunity there. :good: