Young man ordered to leave UK .....

Walker570

A 21 yr old young man born here in the UK, lived here all his life, never in any trouble, worked and paid his taxes etc etc., has received a letter/order from the Home Office telling him he has to leave the UK as he is not a British citizen .(story in The Independent). They have revoked his driving license and told him he cannot access any NHS care although he has been signed up with a doctor here since birth.

Are we employing total numpties at the Home Office or is the whole deal being run by a computer?

Whatever it is causing this young man a large amount of stress and worry. He has a girl friend , they have a house.

It's time they started sending some of these letters out to the right people like The Caravan Clubbers an Hate Preachers and even maybe some of those in the Home Office making these stupid decisions.

A link to the story in the Independent;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-man-told-leave-uk-home-office-letter-shane-ridge-a7919146.html

Seems very odd that he can't apply to stay, in effect they are making him stateless which can't be right or fair and to top it all off he is a law abiding tax payer!

As Walker and TT say, this can't be right!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

You can't pick and choose! Thats the only way a law can work. Any illegal is an illegal, doesn't matter whether they are nice people and otherwise a law abiding citizen.

I do admit i havent read the article so could be well off the mark on this particular case. And it does seem harsh turning his life upside down, however with all the talk of taking back control of our borders etc, this was kind of inevitable

You can't pick and choose! Thats the only way a law can work. Any illegal is an illegal, doesn't matter whether they are nice people and otherwise a law abiding citizen.

I do admit i havent read the article so could be well off the mark on this particular case. And it does seem harsh turning his life upside down, however with all the talk of taking back control of our borders etc, this was kind of inevitable

I accept that, would be nice if they applied it to the less savoury of our current guests.

Very touching story. Law is law. Dura lex sed lex. If he was here for 21 yeras and didn't give a **** about getting papers sorted out who is to blame here? I came here from Poland and from first day was obvious to me that I will apply for a citizenship as soon as I be able to. Simple. Look after your self or you will be moaning like this guy. Brexit is coming and we all be reading more and more touching stories like this. Stories about clumsy, mindless persons who "thought he was" or " he want" or " he didn't know".

Very touching story. Law is law. Dura lex sed lex. If he was here for 21 yeras and didn't give a **** about getting papers sorted out who is to blame here? I came here from Poland and from first day was obvious to me that I will apply for a citizenship as soon as I be able to. Simple. Look after your self or you will be moaning like this guy. Brexit is coming and we all be reading more and more touching stories like this. Stories about clumsy, mindless persons who "thought he was" or " he want" or " he didn't know".

I don't think he was able to sort out the paperwork on his first day in the UK

I don't think he was able to sort out the paperwork on his first day in the UK

He could have, just after the nurse slapped his bare a.rse. If any persons are to blame here, then it is his feckless mother, two or more 'partners' who failed to have him properly listed as British born from day one. If you read the full story, the only way he could get out of the country for a holiday was to apply for an Australian passport(his mother is Australian), the British authorities would not give him one.

Edited by Walker570

I'm sure this is just a computer glitch or something similar as the lad was born in the uk to a British dad and British mother (accepting she was born in Oz but to British parents whilst on holiday or whatever).

He's a out as British as it gets in the eyes of the law so he won't be going anywhere. Good story though .

So whilst some desk jockey sorts him out which lets face it could be the length of time it takes to print up the documents but will probably take much longer, other more pressing cases just get left and people disappear into the melting pot. What a load of cobblers.

He applied for Australian citizenship, which has caused this problem, but he is undoubtedly a British citizen born of British parents and has British Grandparents. This is just some idiot at the home office creating something that doesn't exist. He has a British birth certificate, with his British father's signature, but his Mother is Australian, with British citizenship but she is also born of British parents.

He has brought this on himself by first applying for an Australian passport, I can only assume that if he already had a British one he may have been turned down for the Australian one.

Edited by Newbie to this

Looks like a trouble maker = employed, steady relationship with a girlfriend of legal age, not in trouble with the law, born here = NOT the sort of "immigrant" that should be allowed to live in the UK....much better sticking with the illegal immigrant cliche, as they are better for job creation, etc.

Totally agree a law is a law but let's put the scum to the top of the list and get rid of them first. This lad will then have time to plead a case for U.K. citizenship.

Bloody typical of our government going for the soft targets first.

+1 all the way

My cousin moved to australia about ten years ago,she took out australian citizenship and for some reason revoked her uk status,she wanted to return home to live and was told she no longer was entitled to live here as she was an australian resident,she can visit her family,but cant return permanently.