22 rimfire recommendations

Shooting Tigers

Hi, All,

I have just had my FAC renewed and it has a couple of new slots on it. I am looking for recommendations for a couple of 22 rimfires that meet the criteria below. They are to be utilitarian, "workman-like" guns for pest control and used from a tractor or Land Rover (day or night). Does anyone have any recommendations of what I should look at ?

Slot 1 :- 22 rimfire - bolt action

1) A "reasonable" price and good value for money (no "fashion" premium)

2) As accurate as can be achieved from 22 rimfire ammo (22LR or 22WMR)

3) As short and rugged as possible for use in, and from, a tractor cab.

4) Good magazine capacity.

5) Threaded for a moderator. (It may be used day, or night, with NV scope gear)

Slot 2 :- 22 rimfire - Semi-auto

1) Same as above, but particularly being short, and preferably a 20+ round magazine size. (Are there any bullpup-style 22 rimfires available?)

Any recommendations would be most welcomed.
Cheers,
Rob

I've recently been granted my fac, I was looking for a cz 452 however as this was my first I decided to buy new, I went for a cz 455 and I am extremely happy with it

I'd Recommend one

I did try a browning T bolt, very light however I found the stock but to thin for my shoulders

I'm also going to look at a 10/20 but a fully modified one to have some fun with

Oldypigeonpopper....any reason why wood stock?

hello marccus, i have the 455 synthetic stock american model 16 inch barrel with a SAK mod and fitted sling, so when i carry with sling i find there is some slight movement on the front sling mount making the forend and barrel gap and when i use sticks the forend touches barrel which should be a true floating barrel, maybe i am a bit !!!!!! on this ???? a wood stock would i think not do this, i have filled the stock to stop any hollow sound, this is with a day scope/ i carry as normal when N/V scope fitted due to weight.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1. Old BRNO Model 2 - "the original" that the CZ452/455 is copied from. Lots of bargains & better quality than CZ turn up from a basic search.

2. S&W MP15-22 or Bremmer M4 or Pietta PPS50.

If you'd been after standard capacity 10-rd then a Browning Buckmark would have been ideal.

1. Old BRNO Model 2 - "the original" that the CZ452/455 is copied from. Lots of bargains & better quality than CZ turn up from a basic search.

2. S&W MP15-22 or Bremmer M4 or Pietta PPS50.

If you'd been after standard capacity 10-rd then a Browning Buckmark would have been ideal.

Got one of these old BRNO, I think that's how it's spelt. Modified the trigger spring, only cost twopence or so, now it's brill. If only I had somewhere to shoot it again my life would be ecstatic