Kent Police Well done.

Sat Rat

They certainly seem to have got their act together since the appointment of Matthew Scott the new PCC.

The previous incumbent AB was so anti guns and had a negative impact on certificate renewals, so credit to the new one.

Having said that, I have always had good service from the firearms staff and my FEO who all worked under extreme workload pressure.

OB

I posted earlier this year about my SGC renewal and the issue of a shotgun permit, but I had a telephone interview 48 hours before my SGC expired and received my renewed SGC 24 hours later.

I think its the lack of inspection/interview on renewals that is helping them clear the backlog, nothing to do with the new PCC (although he is an improvement on AB).

If you add travelling time, I doubt if an FO could do more than 5-6 personal checks a day, whereas my telephone interview took 10 minutes maximum.

Whether the telephone interview satisfies due diligence could be a debatable point, but obviously I am very grateful that it worked well in my favour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...