GGG V Alvarez Countdown,Sept 16th.

sako751sg

2 weeks to go to this massive fight and cant wait.

Should have been made 16 months ago but Oscar didnt want to rush Alvarez but with signs of slippage from GGG they think the time is right.

Could be an absolute barnstormer with both fighters very rarely giving ground easy and both willing to take some shots to dish out more.

Will wait till nearer the time to predict as imo its a lot tighter now than a couple of years ago.

Edited by sako751sg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks to go to this massive fight and cant wait.

Should have been made 16 months ago but Oscar didnt want to rush Alvarez but with signs of slippage from GGG they think the time is right.

Could be an absolute barnstormer with both fighters very rarely giving ground easy both both willing to take some shots to dish out more.

Will wait till nearer the time to predict as imo its a lot tighter now than a couple of years ago.

https://youtu.be/8jiE1lnXYSA

Good assessment, agreed, can't wait

Split opinions and rightly so in an on paper close fight.

Just a wee heads up for next weekends Sky Sports boxing where probably the best card of the year is on.

Main is a rematch of this years FOTY so far and the undercard is stacked too.

Who you got Dave?? Early prediction? GGG? Edited by Archie-fox

Who you got Dave?? Early prediction? GGG?

Got splinters on my **** from sitting on this fence.

Not sure and fear a robbing if it goes to the cards with Alvarezs history of getting gifts.

GGG might need to knock him out just to get a draw. :hmm:

Edited by sako751sg

Hurrah! something to make us forget the farce from last week!

This one should be a belter. as you say neither like to give ground and both want to win by throwing big punches.

I think GGG will win, but I'm not confident

Best thing about last weeks was the easy money involved,especially with the CM fans at work who are pretty gullible if im being honest.

I think it's all to easy saying 'Team Canelo' waited to see Golovkin slipping before they took the fight ! There may be a bit of truth to this but I like to look at the bigger picture .

For me it is a case of 'Team Canelo' waiting until they feel their fighter is ready for such a big fight with a Monster like Golovkin. Why should they be pushed into a massive career defining fight if they felt they were not quite ready ?

Would anyone take their half trained 9 month old pup onto a posh pheasant shoot ? Or would anyone send there 10mth old dog out into the estuary on a dark winters night to retrieve a goose on the tide ?. The answer is no because they would not be ready. However I do believe it s a case of both scenarios but more so Canelo after some good fights feels now is hs time. I also believe this is the right time for this fight with no excuses from either after the outcome.

I do also find the comment about Canelo gettng gifts a bit rich considering Golovkins last fight !

To the fighters and the actual fight - I personally like both Boxers,Both humble men and likable and without doubt a Cut above most n the present MW division.

We all know what both Boxers are coming to the ring with. Both have power, more so GGG with his thudding Jab and over hand choppng right hand. Canelo with his bull like strength and fast combos

Golvokin with his cuttng off of the ring and judging dstance and Canelo with his ability to fight on the backfoot and counter punchng. Both men have the ablity to take a shot and again would more so say Golovkn has the upper hand here.I dont think Canelo can knock GGG out with a head shot but I feel if Golovkin connected clean he could hurt Canelo.

My predication is for a Canelo win either by Stoppage by ripping body shots or by a unanimous decision. I think Alvarez is too fast and with Golovkins static head and Canelos counter punching' Golvkin is going to find it a tough and frustrating night. Would not be surprised one bit if Golovkin got the stoppage but thats my prediction that Im sticking with.

One other point that I think will favour Canelo is the fact he does not fear Triple G..! A lot of fighters are beat before the 1st bell rings as they are intimadated by Golovkin and i dont think this is the case with Canelo. Roll on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

PS Exuse any words with the letter 'I' missing as the key is sticking on my computer.

Really difficult one to call. I think Canelo is the more complete fighter but you cant rule out a guy like GGG as his power and ring craft are devastating. Canelos gunna be ripping body shots and upper cuts but i fear the extra muscle and weight will slow him down and its just a question of how quick he will slow down from GGG's pressure, timing of the jab and that left hook!

GGG's is at his natural weight and i think will be more comfortable.....I'm swaying towards a late stoppage for GGG. But, for the sake of boxing id love to see Canelo out box him and put on a boxing master piece and get a Canelo vs GGG trilogy lol

Really difficult one to call. I think Canelo is the more complete fighter but you cant rule out a guy like GGG as his power and ring craft are devastating. Canelos gunna be ripping body shots and upper cuts but i fear the extra muscle and weight will slow him down and its just a question of how quick he will slow down from GGG's pressure, timing of the jab and that left hook!

GGG's is at his natural weight and i think will be more comfortable.....I'm swaying towards a late stoppage for GGG. But, for the sake of boxing id love to see Canelo out box him and put on a boxing master piece and get a Canelo vs GGG trilogy lol

My thinking too.

Alvarez has never fought a full blown natural MW at 160lbs so could be a bit of an eye opener taking shots he has never had to before.

These 2 have sparred loads of times so should know each others game pretty well.

Sako - I have always read your posts with interest - yourself and former member Evo - both have a very good boxing knowledge.

I still go for GGG - stoppage in about round 8. Any final prediction?

You are never far off with your predictions either,and nailed Fury v Klit where i never seen that coming,ever.

Final prediction below.

Have you decided who you've got for this yet Dave?

Im going GGG but far from certain.

Just think GGG is something Saul has never experienced,a true MW,and a hard hitting one at that.

We would all love a barnstormer but i can see GGG taking a measured approach and utilizing his superb jab making the most of his height and reach advantage.I know some disagree,but the footwork of Alvarez can be methodical but ponderous and if he is kept on the end of a jab he might find it hard to close the distance to land his own shots.

If he gets too carried away he can smother his own work and with Sauls combination work tagging GGG wouldnt be that difficult although thats obviously giving GGG the opening to really hurt.

Think the body shots are key too as they are both exceptional in that department but if Saul backs to the ropes as he sometimes does and does the usual clam defence to his head then the body will be a big target.

Even though he doesnt go the distance that often,GGGs pace i think will be hard to handle especially with the extra bulk Sauls carrying although his stamina isnt as bad as it used to be.

Will go GGG points,or a late stoppage,but im far from discounting Saul.Its one of those fights that is pretty close to 50/50 so heres hoping for a good gig regardless of result although a robbery at the cards would leave a sour taste,either way.

Edited to say,pretty sure at some stage of the fight it will be a war as both have no fear and plenty pride.

Edited by sako751sg

You are never far off with your predictions either,and nailed Fury v Klit where i never seen that coming,ever.

Final prediction below.

Im going GGG but far from certain.

Just think GGG is something Saul has never experienced,a true MW,and a hard hitting one at that.

We would all love a barnstormer but i can see GGG taking a measured approach and utilizing his superb jab making the most of his height and reach advantage.I know some disagree,but the footwork of Alvarez can be methodical but ponderous and if he is kept on the end of a jab he might find it hard to close the distance to land his own shots.

If he gets too carried away he can smother his own work and with Sauls combination work tagging GGG wouldnt be that difficult although thats obviously giving GGG the opening to really hurt.

Think the body shots are key too as they are both exceptional in that department but if Saul backs to the ropes as he sometimes does and does the usual clam defence to his head then the body will be a big target.

Even though he doesnt go the distance that often,GGGs pace i think will be hard to handle especially with the extra bulk Sauls carrying although his stamina isnt as bad as it used to be.

Will go GGG points,or a late stoppage,but im far from discounting Saul.Its one of those fights that is pretty close to 50/50 so heres hoping for a good gig regardless of result although a robbery at the cards would leave a sour taste,either way.

Edited to say,pretty sure at some stage of the fight it will be a war as both have no fear and plenty pride.

What time is it on Dave? U.K. Time, I'm on nights but have computer access

What time is it on Dave? U.K. Time, I'm on nights but have computer access

American card starts at 0100 but the big gig should be around 0400.

Also have a UK card with BJS fighting Monroe Jnr and that card starts as 2030 but word the main is around 2330.

BJS is an unlikable **** nowadays and the behavior of his son at the weigh shows what mentality they have.Watch the clip.