Finally broke my duck

Zetter

After buying my .17 hornet a year ago for some light foxing to help out on our syndicate shoot and for long range bunny bashing I havent had a lot of luck with the foxes. I think our keeper would prefer I stayed up the farm all the time as I'm like a fox repellent system when I am out with him.

But on one of my bunny permissions the farmer has got into sheep so Charlie has going from being a rabbit control device that were on the don't shoot list to "if you see one have it".

As the weather was nice last night I decided to go for a mooch round with the Hornet and the NV to see what was about when I came across this little one and a friend playing in the stubble. The situation wasn't ideal as I was upwind and the moon was bright, this caused the larger fox to leg it straight off so I guess that it had experience of people wandering about in the dark before.

But the smaller one went some distance and then started working its way back after I think either a mouse or a vole, I got set up on the sticks and dropped him nicely from about 150yards.

Hopefully more to follow in the run up to the start of the season.

post-64664-0-16806500-1504349160_thumb.jpg