Would this work ?

30-6

My farmer friend thought we had cleaned up the buildings with poison and fenns, but we just found some fresh rat droppings, right in the middle of the toolshed.

Set some mk 4's around the walls to no avail un-baited, so now trying peanut butter on them, but know that mice will probably get there first.

Was thinking of sitting the traps in a shallow container of water. Would this attract / work ?

• 1 month later...

I thought of an idea for shooting them but could never get back before the bait would run out so didn't bother but after watching a rat jump six inches and latch on to the nipple on a pheasant feeder I've updated it in my mind like so;

Set up a feeding station with a solar light so they get used to it and you won't need any lamp or n/v on the rifle.

Set up a container of some kind with a nipple so it's off the ground. Fill with peanut butter that's diluted just enough so they have to suck on it or at least bump it to get to the goodies.

The idea is that even if you can't get back for a few days it won't run out.

What do you think lads? Thumbs up or down?

Of,

I used to be able to put pictures up, but for some reason they are too big now and will not work.

The tray I used was what I had asparagus in from supermarket, mk4 fenn fitted just right, water was only about 1/2 inch deep.

The "tunnel" was a wide bit of wood, layed from floor to wall over the trap. Because I could not peg chain anywhere, I put a staple into a 4 X 6 piece of loose wood and clipped to that, so if anything picked it up, they would have to drag that around. Bit of weight over setup to make dog proof, job done.