bite alarms

babs2020

I bought a fox Eos system several years ago from a car boot for £10.00 to plug into my fox mx alarms and its been absolutely brilliant, it also came with a sounder box and connectors but have never used it as i don't like the thought of getting tangled up in it trying to get out of the bivvy in a hurry, I much prefer the wireless system - i put the receiver just above my head on lowest setting and it still wakes me up easily when the alarms go off. Have a look on the bay, there are quite a few on there for reasonable money, just make sure the alarms have an out put jack for the wireless system.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a set of mk1 delkims txi and i have had them for 17yrs with no problems. The problem with the newer models letting in water sometimes stem from people using cheap 9v batteries which are thinner than duracell this means that the battery cover does not close properly thus letting in water. i have not heard of any issues with the mk1 but i allways use duracell batteries anyway as they last for ages. The only trouble i have had with one of mine is when it went in the drink by accident. it was totally submerged for 5 minutes and was dried out and worked fine for two years then started to play up. i guess some water got right inside and slowly corroded some connections.