Game Shooting Kefalonia

Sprucey

Don`t forget to visit St.Gerasimos at his church. A 500 year old recluse who they tried to bury several times but just would not decompose so they made him a saint. They wheel him around in his silver casket twice a year (St.Gerasimos days) and apart from sunken eyes, does not appear to have aged !!

He is the patron saint of the insane and I felt most at home when visiting him.

Ironically, the severe earthquake in the fifties did not affect his church at all, but was responsible for decimating all surrounding buildings on the island apart from the far north.

Spooky or what ?

Enjoy your visit,

OB

we stayed on the next door island, Zakyntho, this summer. Got to speak to the villa's owner, a fairly wealthy man, and he was mad for partridge shooting in the hills. The ground looked pretty good with nice valleys and rolling tops.

They might ship the birds over and its only an hour on the ferry.

sadly no invite.

f.

Don`t forget to visit St.Gerasimos at his church. A 500 year old recluse who they tried to bury several times but just would not decompose so they made him a saint. They wheel him around in his silver casket twice a year (St.Gerasimos days) and apart from sunken eyes, does not appear to have aged !!

He is the patron saint of the insane and I felt most at home when visiting him.

Ironically, the severe earthquake in the fifties did not affect his church at all, but was responsible for decimating all surrounding buildings on the island apart from the far north.

Spooky or what ?

Enjoy your visit,

OB

Hi Chris. That church is very decorated. the corpse thing is pretty vile and people were filing past it kissing it's feet. the dirty *******. yuuck. the box was like an embossed Backo foil coffin.

I would be amazed if there is shooting there. I sail there a fair bit and apart from a few goats not much else about. Beautiful place. Make sure you get transport and visit kuoni. Lovely place all round.

In Argostoli we walked about halfway along the key and then up a side street towards probably the main shopping street there was a sports / fishing shop on the right in this side street. they had shotgun shell boxes in the window. I dont know what make they were. Sort of pastel pictures of partridges on the box. So someone must do some sort of shooting out there. there is probably a clay ground there somewhere but it is always very difficult to find information out about this sort of thing. I shot clays out in crete and the ground was really well set up and big but a shopkeeper along the road said that he didn't know anything about a shooting ground. Blind, deaf and didn't want to tell.

• 1 month later...

Wow, What a place! I didn't pursue the shooting in the end. But it turns out after speaking with the hotel owner that the Game Farm is only 1km down the road... explains the odd partridge running about etc. All the sights mentioned were visited, and my favorite place was Antisamos beach!. Cheers Paul223 for the info again!