A400 xtrema max 5

farmboy807

Another for the A400 Xtreme

Never had a jam, not fussy on cartridges, shoulders well and soft on the recoil. Strips down in seconds right down to the trigger mechanism and easy to clean.

Pick one up before you decide, it's not light so possibly not a gun for you if you are slightly built.

I have a 400 extreme in max4. When i bought it the camo finish was that bad i returned the gun, replacement had loads to but kept it ss i knew it would get lots more in my hands.

Had it a few years now amd love it, cyckes anything is fairly soft in the shoulder... its my goto gun.. fired thpusands of carts without a single issue

I went for the 28" and am glad i did, itS a lomg gun and imhad to mod move w shelf in my safe to get it in

Ive said ooads of time son here the only thing thta would make me part with it is if i bought a proper left hamd version

Mine is 28" and feels right for me, though I've used a 26" and that felt comfortable in the hide.

Personally I wouldn't get a 30" as I just do t see the need for my use which is mainly pigeons.

You really need to handle the guns in their various lengths to see what suits you.

Out of interest, why are you opting for the camo and not synthetic black?

I chose camo for several reasons, firstly my previous gun (benelli SBE2) when on the foreshore strted rysting as soon as it came out of the slip, secondly i wanted to hide the gun the best i can when out with it... and lastly, im a tart and it looks good

Why not a 30" if I may ask just numbers to me

The 30" felt too long to me, 28" came up quicker and felt better. Everyone is different though. What suits some won't suit others. I remember my first outing with the A400, went to some woods I hadn't been to for a couple of years. Got six squirrels and a magpie in an hour or so. A nice first outing with a new gun I thought.

Ya the only problem they have to order them in so if they can order a 26 and 30 will have a look at both don't really want to wait till end of Nov for 28 and picked the camo same reason really to why I would say why the black not camo

Because I like it

They are both synthetic aren't they so both the same

I've heard a few reports where the camo isn't great, but if you like the look then go for it.

I personally find camo guns pointless, concealment isnt an issue if your hide is built properly plus the Black synthetic has matt finish on the barrels so there is zero glare in the sun.

I also like a little pigeon practice on the clays every now and again and for me the camo just looks a little out of place at the clay ground. But that's just my opinion.