2000 (W) disco td5

fieldwanderer

landy_zps4b0fc0b3.jpg

£2500 ono, located in Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Selling this and my car and getting a discovery 3 to replace the two.

111k, regularly serviced by myself (qualified and time served mechanic, can show certificate if required) lots of work done and have at least some of the receipts (sadly a lot got thrown away).

Now on a set of hurricane alloys with good quality road tyres (goodyear and pirelli) but comes with a set of 5 kingpin amazon tyres, two are nearly new two need resealing and the last is o.k.

MOT due in November

Bad points are;

Cat D when i bought it, it had hit a post in the middle of the bumper/bonnet/grille but had been repaired - added £20 to my insurance compared to one the same spec / year

Roof lining sagged, I've tried to stick some of it back but it's not gone well to be honest. Driver's seat has worn patch from getting in and out

various age related marks but still in good condition

Driver's side read door lock sometimes doesn't pop up all the way, a second push of the button is all it takes though

Crunches into 4th, it's common and i hear some of the fancier oils available lately may well help

Doesn't have a viscous fan, a mate said he might have one but I can't promise anything - I've never, ever seen the needle above half way including long hills on hot days but I'd put one on if you intend to do much towing with it.

Good points;

Fairly low mileage

Centre diff-lock lever installed

Rear air suspension converted to springs (light occasionally comes on in traffic but goes off when ignition is turned off)

lots of £££ spent on making sure it's reliable, off the top of my head;

Injector harness and seals (copper and o-rings)

Water pump

Power steering pump

Radiator

Starter motor overhaul

Clutch, flywheel, spigot bearing, release bearing master cylinder and slave cylinder

glow plugs

Both centre diff output bearings

Poly bushes on front dampers

rear callipers

handbrake drum shoes

Radio

I'm sure there's more plus all the little maintenance bits, oil, filters brake pads etc etc

Most recent picture (new wheels, new centre caps are due tomorrow);

6f6b5252-5401-4a4a-8390-7cd755c02ebe_zps

Edited by fieldwanderer