Tide flight

m greeny

I almost never bothered as it was glorious sunshine but thought sod it I will go as I am back at work tomorrow. This place shoots best from high water down so got there bang on high and as I was walking out could see the resident barnacles chilling out so give em a wide birth. I got to my chosen spot and chucked 8 teal decoys out and the barnacles lifted and were coming towards me so I slipped in a couple of home loads coz there was a single greylag in with them and they came straight past me at about 45 yard so picked out the greylag and brought it down stone cold with 37 gram of bbs. The spaniel bringing it nicely back to hand watched keenly by the young apprentice lab. A short while later a single hen mallard fell to my second shot and the lab was sent for this and brought it back proud as punch. A another half hour passed and 3 pintail came just close enough for a look and one fell to my single shot, again. The apprentice was sent again and she soon had it back to hand. To say I was chuffed is an under statement.

You done well to get a Pintail so early in the season , ours don't start arriving yet and when they do they are now in very short supply .

Well done on your tidal flight and I hope you have got many more good ones to come .

Thanks marsh man I suppose we are quite lucky that we do get a good number of pintail around but getting near them is another matter.