franchi afinity

pintail

got a new franchi, and first time cleaning it i was putting the forarm over the stock and have pulled the sliding bolt all the way back, and try as i might the bolt wont move and go forward to allow me to slide the forarm fully home, will take it to the gunshop on monday, cant work why the bolt wont go forward, just wondered if any one could tell me what im doing wrong, first auto ive ever had so all new to me, thanks.

figgy, ive been thu all the youtube vids, i think i should not have pulled the bolt all the way back, as in the vids they leave the bolt forward, and now the bolt is stuck in the back postion, will have to take it back on monday, i exspect its a easy fix just dont know how to sort it myself, thanks for the reply.

there is an arm that comes back from the bolt assembly-this has to seat in a recess at the back of the action-if the gun has been turned upside down this can be enough for it not to seat properly.

have a look through the bolt slot where it recoils backwards-have a jiggle and see if it needs reseating.

or dismantle and remove the trigger unit and you'll see the recess.

hth

f.

there is an arm that comes back from the bolt assembly-this has to seat in a recess at the back of the action-if the gun has been turned upside down this can be enough for it not to seat properly.

have a look through the bolt slot where it recoils backwards-have a jiggle and see if it needs reseating.

or dismantle and remove the trigger unit and you'll see the recess.

hth

f.

there is no arm at the back of the bolt assembly on the Franchi Affinity,

Edited by andrewluke

I have an Affinity, once you relase the bolt anf slide it forwards you can locate the barrel by....

Hold the stock on your left hip with you thumb on the cocking lever and as you slide the barrel on pull the cocking lever back about a third of the way and the barrel will lock in place. then release the cocking handle.

hope this helps

thanks for all the advice, i took it to the gunsmiths and they just released the trigger mechanism and the bolt went forward after a good shove, they showed me how to do it if i get it stuck again, it was my fault should not have pulled the bolt right back when putting the forarm on, thanks for all the helpfull replys cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

After watching that video the only thing I can think is that the cryogenic treatment must cost an awful lot of money to ask nearly double the price for a Benelli over the Affinity. Rip off again,the Franchi is a bargain.

Just bought one. Will try it out on Sunday. Hope its better than my Benelli Super Sport, better trigger action on my Arms 612.