Pigeon WATCH

herby

I use my watch for telling the time,

Feels wrong to go out without it but can't wear one indoors (Go figure). But also couldn't wear one at work because it felt wrong,

My phone is for phoning/texting/msging/browsing/taking photos but never really used it for telling the time,

As for dream watches....I like a simple uncluttered dial, current Watch and has been for 14 years is a Tag,

I like Breitlings/Rolex/Tag but plain, not loads of sub dials

Years ago I had a Seiko World Timer which was quite cluttered but my tastes have changed

:shaun:

My phone could never replace my watch I always wear it well apart from when I am in bed asleep or in the shower etc my trusty watch is a tag I used to like big fancy watches when I was younger but a normal tag without all the bling is perfect to me I do like a Rolex or a brietling but it would have to be quite a plain one

Feel naked without one,don't have a desire or dream watch.Just a decent one does the job.Always buy the Citizen ecodrive,no battery to worry about.Battery change for a decent watch can be anything from £50 upwards.Rolex doesn't appeal (lot of those watches look old fashioned).My mate Andy has a beautiful Brietling which is a beauty but (big culp) 4.2k.

As Davyo said, feel naked without one.

I'm a big fan of Suunto watches and curently settled to a Suunto Traverse Alpha Foliage

Incorporates a GPS, compass, baromether, thermomether,altimeter , moon phases, sun rising/setting and apps for hunting and fishing.

Main advantage over other baterry powered watches is this one you charging it like a phone and the baterry lasts about 2 weeks, depending of usage.

I have two Timex Expeditions, one for work days and one for best. The workday one I have had over 20yrs, purchased it from Cabela's and it has never missed a beat. Just a very occasional new battery. The batteries cost more than the watch!!!

I do occasionally glance down at the time in the bottom corner of my computer screen but never look at my phone for the time or anything other than talk/text and photos.

I haven't worn a watch in 10 years partly because of job. When I'm in the office there is always a computer or clock on the wall if I need to know the time. If I'm out and about there is always the clock in the van/car, I can check when I go inside a building or if I haven't left my phone somewhere I could check that. I had a car with no clock in it and I found it quite liberating. On my way to work i had no way of telling if I was late or early (apart from radio updates) so I just didn't worry about it. I found I got to work more relaxed.

Out of work I almost always have my phone so I can check the time on that. For me the day of the watch has come and gone.

I was going to say what about a basic handed Pigeon Watch watch, but then I don't know how you'd get them, so a non starter I think, but who in theory would be up for one

Must say,when I 1st read the post title I thought it was a Pigeon Watch watch lol.

Now have images of a rotary machine with a Pigeon on as a second hand.

Edited by Davyo

I have been looking at the yellow face avenger.

Just looked at the Avenger. Think I would have preferred it with a yellow bezel rather than stainless, but watches are so personal, you have to go with what you like.

If you like loud, have a look at the orange bezel Omega Planet Ocean, has a black face with orange numerals and orange bezel.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Omega/Planet%20Ocean/232.30.42.21.01.002/23486/item/96778

Edited by Cosd

I have a few watches but tend to wear the same one most of the time when I put one on a citizen with a dark blue face and stainless strap and bezel. All watches come off as soon as get home.

If I could have my phone all the time I'd probably not wear watches anymore. But petrochemical sites don't allow phones.