Pigeon WATCH

herby

Watches are an accessory rather than for telling the time these days for most.....I love my Breitling Colt, but my want watch is a simple Rolex Submariner.

We share good taste in the same brands.

I've just had to replace part of the bracelet on my Bi metallic Sub. A pin was almost worn through but was told could not replace just the pin. It is 25 years old.

My titanium Breitling Chrono Avenger has just starting gaining 45 mins. All ok on Saturday.... Yesterday it gained and has maintained that gain?

I've always had nice watches nothing silly expensive , Rolex oyster pep, tag pro chronograph , sea master , my nice watch is a 1964 omega 265, but I wear my Fitbit all the time now ,

Dream watch would be Rolex yacht master blue bi-metal sweet

:good::good::good:

I always used to where a watch but when my last one died I just thought as I am retired and no longer need to now what the exact time is at all times why bother to get a new watch when my phone is in my pocket it only takes a few seconds to pull it out and check the time the only time that this could be a problem is if you are driving and if people see you looking at your phone they could think that you are phoning or texing.

I never wear a watch, I don't like feeling it on my wrist. I don't wear bracelets either and I have some lovely ones passed down from my granny.

I think it also depends on what you do for a living if you are sitting in an office or driving all day that is ok but watches do not tend to like it if you are doing hard manual work they tend to stop going after a bit.

I wear on old Timex Expedition. I'm a builder and do a huge amount of work on farms, you can guess what it gets covered with. Can't fault it never goes wrong and I never take it off, shower, bath , swimming, it goes everywhere I do. Had it about 5 years and three straps now.

Edited by tonker

I wear an Omega Aqua Terra but getting a Sub Mariner itch....on top of my Speedmaster moonwatch rash....

A phone can't replace a watch!! What's your budget? Loads of watch nuts here that can throw some ideas at you.

Speedmaster Moonwatch, my daily wear, always feels right although it can't tell the correct time to save it's life.

Would a Breitling watch be cheaper in Japan?

I have no idea, but I would seriously look at the secondhand market from a decent trusted seller like watchfinder, the watches I have had from them are fully serviced, cleaned, polished and look like new. They also come with a full guarantee. You can save yourself hundreds or in some cases thousands on new price.