Red Dot

Fisherman Mike

I was actually thinking of getting one for harvest time.

The idea of riding shotgun on the side of a combine and going after the rabbits did appeal, but I was spending a fair amount of time watching Blackhawk Down at the weekend!

Wookie

Such a funny film too... I love the bit where the yanks (no offence) have to mark the roof with the IR light.

Such a classic "What's this thing? Oh Shi...." moment when the LOACHes come in.

Still reckon they made too many mistakes though

Wookie

does any one know the make of those red dot sights they use in blackhawk down ? they would look excellent on a semi auto .22 0r on any air rifle if you liked the film read the book alot of the stuff they could have added to the film from the book but didnt. You can imagine in the film (did that make sense please tell me that made sense)

red dots are good for aquiring fast moving targets or for rapid fire on targets also for plate target .

I have one, and to be truthful, I did waste my money. I had it on my BSA springer, but found it wasn't much use in the sun or at ranges over 20 yds in light. It was a gimmick which I found had no real use.

I would spend my money on one of Deako's new flappers if I were you! :lol:

i found the make of the red dot scopes in black hawk down :D they are made by a company called aimpoint the yanks are issuing them to there grunts & are having some excellent results with them in iraq. they were out to 100 yards plus with these sights. Apparently the sweedish have also purchased a contract to fit there army with them & germany seem to be getting intressted in them. But when i looked in to pricing 1 up i found out they cost £300 for the red dot sight & a further £60 quid for the mounts (i think they are weaver mounts although they have other more expensive mounting options) which is a bit fething pricey in my humble opinion. But they are rated up to standing a .50's recoil so i guess thats why they are so high priced :*)