Forge time

la bala

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? who he?

he be ...'theman'....................the magnificence....the supreme el supremo.....' the grosen -en- prober'.........................

give it up ladies and gentlemen.........................

iiiiiitttttttssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

BALA

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: ta-daaaaaaaaa......... :yahoo:

Edited by ditchman

What a build up!

(i have a management contract with him)......i am also his agent............i will be taking advance bookings for his world tour....."the anvil of hope" gig...........

Zapp will be on here shortly.....saying i must state a price as per PW rules.... :oops:

Ooooooooh a Christmas Spectacular, sounds wonderful! :lol::lol:

the elves have backed out.......pay and conditions not acceptable.....we have fratically opened cross party talks with the lepricorn union member......but they are asking for extra sparks....so i will have to liase with "el supremo"

Edited by ditchman

the elves have backed out.......pay and conditions not acceptable.....we have fratically opened cross party talks with the lepricorn union member......but they are asking for extra sparks....so i will have to liase with "el supremo"

Our lass is knee high to a grass hopper if the leprechaun union lets you down she will be available for weekend work :lol:

The forge wont be alight yet ditchman, I thought i had ordered some borax, had i ? had i heck, i think me brain is starting to adle :lol: . Do you know i would have staked my life on it. Have checked me history and emails, nada. Oh well this age thing is becoming a pain. Went to see my stickmaker mate today, he hasnt had a good time sorting the handle. He started off choosing bog oak, it was as black as coal, it would have been my choice, he started fitting it and it cracked in half. After some colourful language he chose some bog yew, guess what the same happened, i can imagine by this time the workshop was pretty electric :lol: . Anyway he then settled for a plain piece of oak. He then decided to inlay a farthing of his birth year in the top, even that didnt go right, he has now got to cut that off the top. Think he went little bit off centre with the hole, this ageing thing is a little frustrating :lol::lol: . This will get sorted, top 5mm sliced off, replaced with 5mm spacer of rams horn with farthing in the middle. Dont know what i am doing tommorrow, got a billet to forge but no flux. Cant believe i didnt order the flux :no::no: .

A little late perhaps to comment, but I really like the knife, it certainly has character and will no doubt be around for a long time. I can see some future intelligencia researching an early communicator portal system called the internet and finding such a tool seemingly discussed and created by a vast committee of non like minded devotees of the dark arts of that ancient thing called metal and wondering was it real or myth! Who was La Bala and the Ditchman? Were they super heroes, magus or great warriors? :) Thanks for sharing your skills with us

A little late perhaps to comment, but I really like the knife, it certainly has character and will no doubt be around for a long time. I can see some future intelligencia researching an early communicator portal system called the internet and finding such a tool seemingly discussed and created by a vast committee of non like minded devotees of the dark arts of that ancient thing called metal and wondering was it real or myth! Who was La Bala and the Ditchman? Were they super heroes, magus or great warriors? :) Thanks for sharing your skills with us

he spent a lot of time on grinder...

Evening all. You may remember my mate inlayed a farthing in the top of his knife handle. Well it didnt quite look right. It has now been sorted, He squared the top of the oak handle, capped it with a piece rams horn and inlayed the farthing in that. Job done apart from the final polishing

post-52836-0-25766000-1508178361_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-42152400-1508178395_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-05908200-1508178433_thumb.jpg

Much better 😊👍

I think there being rotten to you (age discrimination) admire you for having a go

And for having the bottle to show the slight hiccups on the way 😂😂🤣

Got any proper flux yet?

Just as a footnote when there was a lot of fire welding it was with iron and different quality steel enabling some of the more intricate patterns to be created at one point in time they collected old horseshoe nails and made them into gun barrels (stub twist)

All the best

Of

Much better

I think there being rotten to you (age discrimination) admire you for having a go

And for having the bottle to show the slight hiccups on the way

Got any proper flux yet?

Just as a footnote when there was a lot of fire welding it was with iron and different quality steel enabling some of the more intricate patterns to be created at one point in time they collected old horseshoe nails and made them into gun barrels (stub twist)

All the best

Of

No flux or breeze yet, have been busy with other things.

you do when they are bloody made....saverloys are very popular around here..............

savaloy and peas pudding was a northern delicacy, it's started to spread forthet south over the past decade!

Peas pudding is also fab with fish, and is also good for making a quick ham and pea soup! Chip up your ham and add to a tin of peas pudding! A cup of water a veg stock cube and some seasoning :good:

this evening im totally stuffed............right down at the bottom of the garden is a large conifer and theb hedge goes under it.....and was looking sick..........reason.........it was full up with conifer needles....so all day i have been pressure washing the carp out of the hege onto the footpath...............

15 bloody barrow loads of needles...bloody hellfire.............

They not arf burn well ditchy! The flare up when you add em to the fire is very rapid! And the smell of the resin burning it very autumnal