Forge time

la bala

I have plenty local pigeons need evicted from my roof :no: since having the solar panels fitted they nest under them. I have had limited success in trying to remove them so need to try netting the sides of the panels off if I can get up there! I can't even hang my washing out!

Edited by Lord Geordie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been busy with other things, not even had time to make another @ockup at forge welding. Have got another knife on the go, the boy wants one. Knocked the blank up today out of 1095, have some bog oak scales for handle. Having to sort some hammer marks out on belt grinder. Hopefully back in forge tomorrow for quench hardening.

post-52836-0-09455800-1509046738_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-66485700-1509046761_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-74027800-1509046791_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-08579200-1509046883_thumb.jpg

I’m most disappointed that la bala has of yet not welded his billet, if I was closer I’d weld it for him, but that’s defeating the object of the exercise, he’s been a naughty boy and should be on detention and beaten with a big stick so that he comes to his senses and gets on with the dam job.

Im most disappointed that la bala has of yet not welded his billet, if I was closer Id weld it for him, but thats defeating the object of the exercise, hes been a naughty boy and should be on detention and beaten with a big stick so that he comes to his senses and gets on with the dam job.

A thrashing is too good for him

Int the village stocks and pelted with rotten tomatoes 🍅 although hes probably got a sicknote or some feeble excuse 🙄 like pigeon shooting 😂

Sorry lads fire welding on hold at mo, have been doing some welding for son in law. I have knocked a blank out for the boy, but while grinding some hammer marks out the new belt grinder has give up the ghost, the on off switch has packed up. Anyway early days on the new knife, got to quench harden yet and as you know everything can go mammories up on that. I will get back on billet work asap and will give a report as usual.

post-52836-0-00729300-1509397144_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-87344900-1509397166_thumb.jpg

A thrashing is too good for him

Int the village stocks and pelted with rotten tomatoes although hes probably got a sicknote or some feeble excuse like pigeon shooting

I tell you, at the rate the man is working both you and I could fashion some stocks quicker than he will weld that bloody billet, as I know you are also very good on the woodwork side I could make the shackles and chain, job done oh you best have a stout rope handy as I can feel a hanging come soon if he don’t shape up.

I tell you, at the rate the man is working both you and I could fashion some stocks quicker than he will weld that bloody billet, as I know you are also very good on the woodwork side I could make the shackles and chain, job done oh you best have a stout rope handy as I can feel a hanging come soon if he don’t shape up.

Bala has been absent quite a bit recently................................he is the same age as Mick Jagger....and boy jagger is getting his leg over a 22 year old at the moment.....so Bala is having his 2nd wind at the moment....and normal service will be resumed when he has sasiated himself.......(give his hand a rest) 'oldin yer billet takes it out on yer wrist summat chronic boi...

I tell you, at the rate the man is working both you and I could fashion some stocks quicker than he will weld that bloody billet, as I know you are also very good on the woodwork side I could make the shackles and chain, job done oh you best have a stout rope handy as I can feel a hanging come soon if he dont shape up.

I could build another punt faster than he moves more excuses than a politician

Anyway I have a good strong roap 🙃🙄

And a tall tree 😉

Do you have a bandsaw, i could send you some scotish bog oak .

A very nice offer johnphilip, will keep it in mind if i decide to make another knife. I have got to get caught up on jobs so i can get back on this billet welding, got to find a way of shutting this lot up :lol::lol::lol: