Sign in to follow this  
la bala

Forge time

With the use of a hammer as the starting point Viking should be involved! :whistling:

if viking is getting involved....you best think of hollowing out one end so he can smoke some stuff in it... :lol::lol:

Got the scales on, just got to shape this Ebony now,  Its some seriously dense hard wood, had to go out and buy a power file.

thumbnail_IMG_0442 knife2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0456 ebony.jpg

Had another little project, a companion set for a narrow boat. The tools are only 350mm long, overall height of set is 450mm.

thumbnail_IMG_0453 iron2.jpg

Get welding that billet and stop messing about with them knifes your only putting things off because you had the odd set back, if you won’t try soon I’ll come look you up and take a stick to you, be warned. 

Hey E.w,  Have had other stuff going on, I havnt given up on the billet. I have actually found somewhere I can buy proper coke breeze, the guy told me its imported from Poland, what a difference it is to work with.

35 minutes ago, la bala said:

Hey E.w,  Have had other stuff going on, I havnt given up on the billet. I have actually found somewhere I can buy proper coke breeze, the guy told me its imported from Poland, what a difference it is to work with.

Well yes that’s a bonus to have  some smithy breeze, it’s getting difficult to obtain now we used to buy it in loose 10 tonne loads and it was already washed that also unheard of nowadays, remember that a good flux is very important just makes things easier.