Skoda Yeti, out going model

Ian North Wales

I have recently bought a 15 Plate 170 BHP DSG Elegance 4 X4 from Motorpoint for £13k, an absolute bargain. I have had it up wet fields and stubbles and it hasn't slipped a wheel on road tyres with 17k wear. Comfy fast and 40mpg it is a great motor, very well built and put together. You wouldn't regret getting one.

Edited by JRDS

Hey guys, thanks for the reply's, im glad your happy with you car JRDS sounds great!

The one i have seen is the SE Drive 1.2 petrol model in 2 wheel drive as i don't really need it for driving over the muddy stuff i thought it would be the best option for me.

I am a bit worried mind that once the new model comes out that the price of the Yeti will drop like a brick! any thoughts?

Not an expert but they are very well priced SH now so I think the fact they are being replaced with a new model has already had a bearing on their prices, I looked all over and would seriously recommend Motorpoint they were the cheapest I found and were very good to deal with. Mine had a full service before delivery it had 17,700 on it with a service due at 20k. Just bear in mind they charge £100 on top of the advertised price for pre service checks and services etc if needed plus a fee to move between their sites if needed but still the cheapest. My 13k car was 15k at Skoda main dealers.

It will be a much better buy when the new one is on the forecourts. Dealers will want old stock gone pronto. Unless the new one is a dog so buyers want the old model.

I agree Breadtman the RAV4 was a fun small crossover that delivered. It's now the size of the older land cruisers. What's Recreation Active Vehicle about the lumbering fatty the new one is.

Edited by figgy

It will be a much better buy when the new one is on the forecourts. Dealers will want old stock gone pronto. Unless the new one is a dog so buyers want the old model.

I agree Breadtman the RAV4 was a fun small crossover that delivered. It's now the size of the older land cruisers. What's Recreation Active Vehicle about the lumbering fatty the new one is.

For brand new I would agree but if he is buying SH then I think the prices already reflect the new model coming out.

Yeti must be the last of its type to retain a sensible square-ish body shape for load carrying. Early models of the CRV, Sportage and X-Trail were equally practical, but see how the recent examples have become bloated so that they no longer fit into small parking spaces, can hardly meet on a country lane without a clashing of mirrors, but have diminished rear headroom and tailgate size. Last time we bought a chest freezer it was easy to carry it home in the back of a Vitara; would that be possible with an Evoque, I wonder?

Yeti must be the last of its type to retain a sensible square-ish body shape for load carrying. Early models of the CRV, Sportage and X-Trail were equally practical, but see how the recent examples have become bloated so that they no longer fit into small parking spaces, can hardly meet on a country lane without a clashing of mirrors, but have diminished rear headroom and tailgate size. Last time we bought a chest freezer it was easy to carry it home in the back of a Vitara; would that be possible with an Evoque, I wonder?

Yes,practicality is out of the window with vehcle designers now.

I have a Yeti 150bhp 4x4 auto. average 47mpg and on a run I usually get over 50 mpg and I don't hang about. awesome on and off road, all rear seats fold or can be easily removed and slide back/forwards.

had 3 of us going to France this summer with a wheel chair and loads of luggage. No issues at all.

I'm 6'2" and can get comfortable in it.

In many ways i prefer it to my Freelander 2 which is 190bhp auto and only averaged low 30's mpg.

I am seriously thinking about selling the Freelander and buying another Yeti, my wife is the main user of our current Yeti and I 'steal it' whenever I can......

Looked at Rav4, CRV etc etc and they just don't do it for me and the AWD systems are not as good as the Yeti if you look at the reviews. Especially rear wheel grip is very slippy conditions. The Yeti behave similar to the Freelander in this respect.

I have had two, just sold my 170 Monte Carlo. Brilliant cars. Very nippy with good economy and good off road.

PS my last one is for still for sale at Clark motor company near Ripon. Brilliant buy at just under £13000. full dealer service history with 22000 miles on the clock.

If it had been a manual I would have been interested.

Yes indeed, if I had to replace my Xtrail tomorrow with a new vehicle I'd really struggle to find the combination of practicality, comfort, off road ability and "niceness" to drive. I'd probably end up with a pickup. So many cars are enormous on the outside and bafflingly small inside.